Chapter 4: Dinnernight

Present Day

I woke up from the best night's sleep ever. I had dreamed of a certain someone and I woke up smiling. Then I remembered last night. The night of the party, the night that I almost kissed FP Jones again. It must have been almost 20 years.. and I somehow regretted that it didn't happen.

'Honey.'

I turned around in the bed. 'Yes darling?' I almost felt bad saying these words.

'Goodmorning!' He kissed me.

'So last night I was thinking... Maybe we should invite Jughead over for dinner? I am sure Betty would love that.' I said, I have honestly never seen her happier. In the beginning I didn't want them to be a couple because of my past. I knew what the Southside can do to you and she's just still so vulnerable. Jughead is a good guy, he would never do anything to hurt her.

'Yes and then maybe FP can come too, it's been a while since I have seen him and it bet it would be good to catch up.' Hal said. I couldn't believe what I heard. Hal never liked FP so I don't know why he would invite him.

'Oh, uhm, yeah, sure.' I eventually agreed. It's not that I didn't want to see him, but not just yet. It's all too fresh for me. Last night I almost kissed the man...

I walked up to the bathroom and noticed that last night I hadn't taken of my eye makeup. Thank god it is still dark out or Hal would have seen my racoon eyes. He cannot notice that I had been crying. I quickly wiped off my makeup and splashed my face with water. Then I realised something. Hal never liked it when I saw FP, even if it was just a quick hello. Maybe he wants to test me? Test if I can be 'the good wife' and not behave badly.

I walked downstairs as I saw Betty having breakfast. 'Hi honey.' I kissed her on the cheek.

'So your dad and I were wondering if you would like to invite Jughead and his dad over for dinner tonight?' I smiled, knowing that she would immediately agree.

'I'd love to invite them!' She took her phone and seemed to text Jughead.

A few minutes later I heard a *ping*.

'Juggy just answered that they'll both be here. I told them to be here at 7. Is that alright?'

'Great.' That's the only thing I could say. It is going to be so weird to have FP at our house tonight, especially with what happened. Now he thinks that I am not interested anymore, but secretly I am. Of course I am.

'So, I'm going to make my peach pie for dessert, is that good?'

'Oh, I am sure they will love your peach pie, mom.' Betty smiled at me. 'Now, I'm off to school. See you tonight!'

'I'm already off to the Register Hal!' I yelled at him because he was still upstairs.

'Why can't we leave together?' He yelled back.

'I have an article that's due and totally forgot about it!'

'Sure, I'll see you later then.' He seemed to believe me.

I got into my car and before leaving I grabbed my phone, dialed a number and pressed 'call'.

'Alice?' He seemed to be surprised by my call.

'Hey FP. Jughead is off to school right?'

'Yup, he is.'

'Alright, so I just wanted to say that I don't want any awkwardness between us tonight because of... what happened.'

'No, that's fine. I'll forget about it.'

'Thank you.'

'You're welcome. Can't wait to see you tonight, gotta go.' He hung up.

I grinned because of his comment. I wanted him to know that I wouldn't be annoyed tonight, that I was actually looking froward to it. Maybe that will take some of my stress away.

***

At the Register I finished some articles and sent them to the publishers. That is all I had to do for the day so I ran to the store to get the ingredients for tonight. Wine, of course. Peaches for my pie and all the other things you need for a lovely meal. That is already one thing I can say about tonight. The food will be great, I am not so sure about the company though.. I was scared of what Hal would bring up during our dinner.

***

I had got dressed up for the evening. I wore my black dress with matching heels and put on red lipstick. As they say, you have to dress to impress.

*ding dong* I walked downstairs to go and open the door but Betty alreay beat me to it. She hugged Jughead and greeted FP.

'Hey Mrs Cooper.' Jughead said as Betty gestured him to the dinnertable.

'Hey.' FP said and kissed me on the cheek. 'You look great!' He said.

'I've already missed you, Forsythe.' I whispered, admitting one of my best kept secrets.

He pulled away from me and stood there, seemingly surprised. I just smiled and got to the dinnertable. Hal and FP shook hands, so did Jughead.

I'm afraid for what will happen tonight.

***

So I am switching up the order of the scenes but I hope you don't mind :) This is going to be one hell of a night, trust me! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did, please vote and comment so I know! If you write a Falice fic that I should check out, be sure to let me know.

x J