So, we start calling her name. I hope she will hear us before someone else does. By someone, I mean a predator. Daddy said there's always one lurking by. It could be male lions from different prides or even worse, hyenas. That is why we have to always watch our surroundings no matter what. 

"Momma!" I call.

"Moooommmaaaa!" Chauna calls.

No answer.

Chauna stops walking. Her ears are lowered flat against her skull. She looks afraid and sadden. I notice that her warm close presence isn't beside me anymore. I stop walking too and look behind my right shoulder seeing her only a few steps away from me.

"Chauna, what's wrong?" I ask. "We must keep going. I am sure we are almost home. It is starting to look more familiar now. I have seen this tree before!"

"Adia, there is many trees like this one all around us. How do you know for sure that we are going home in the right direction?" She replied, giving up on hope.

I frown. "Dont give up Chauna! Trust your instincts. We may be small, but in our hearts we will ALWAYS be lions. That is what daddy taught me in one of our lessons. We are one of the strongest cats on earth. Use your skills, trust in yourself that you can do it."

Chauna doesn't say a word. She stares down at her front paws and half smiles. She slowly nods her head.

I nod back and started to walk leading the way again. "Good, let's go before the sun starts going down."

Chauna leaps up to my left side as we both jog the rest of the way through the tall grasses. I know we are almost home, I can feel it. We just need to go a little bit more further.

"Hey, what is that smell?" Chauna asks.

We slow down our fast jog. I gave the air a sniff. My nose wrinkle as I shrug my shoulders. "I dont know, it's weird. I have not smelled this scent before."

"Adia, look!"

Chauna points her paw straight ahead. My eyes follow as I look and see something black goes up towards the now evening sky.

"Huh?" I question myself.

"What is that?" Chauna asks, with wonder in her tone.

"I-I dont know..."

We both stood there with much awe and curiosity. Then suddenly....

"Hehehe..."

Uh-oh.

My ears twitch at the sound of laughter. I know that laugh from anywhere.

"Hyenas!"

"Hyenas?" Chauna questions.

I nod and begin running in a opposite direction. "Yes, we have to go come on!"

Chauna sprints behind me as we try to run to a more safer area to hide. The laughter keeps going and seems to be getting more close too. I am starting to feel nervous now. We will ever find our mother or make it out alive on our own?

"AWWW, AWWW!!!"

That was the sound of birds coming from the skies. They're flying away fast from something. Antelopes, giraffes, and zebras are running away in different directions. Some are even split up from their herds. That means danger is here.

''What is going on?" I ask.

When we went to see what's the problem. We when we arrive, the area is covered in more of that black stuff we've seen earlier. I started coughing and so did Chauna.

"Adia I cant breathe or see. We have to leave from here!" Chauna says, ending her last sentence with a cough.

"Leave to where?" A voice asks.

I gasp as four hyenas slowly approach us from out of the smoke.

"Leave us alone!" I warn, with a snarl.

"Or what?" said the grey one with black stripes. She chuckles.

I look pass the hyenas and see something bright orange. It burns like a temper, as if the leaping flames have a terrible anger toward the living world. It moves faster than an animal can run though the antelopes, giraffes, and zebras stand a strong chance, moving swiftly as they do. The air smells and tastes very weird and unpleasant. The horizon glows orange beneath the smokey wind-dragged plume.

"Uh, Siti, I think its now time that we should go. The fire is closing in fast. We must leave if we want to return back home alive!" said the brown one with stripes at the lower legs.

"Yeah, we didn't come here to kill cubs anyways. That wasn't our task!" said the beige one with black stripes. "We've only come for the Prince."

They all nod their heads and left the scene fast before we could even blink our eyes. Did they just say they've only came for the Prince? Chauna collapsed her body on the ground.

"Chauna!" I gasp.

She lays there lifeless. I quickly place my ear on her chest. She is still breathing, but slowly. We have to get out of here quick. But where to go? I cant see anything.

I started to cough again and yell for help, hoping someone can hear me.

"Hello, any one here?" A voice asks.

"Yes, over here if you can see me! Please help, my sister is in trouble!"

I cough again, but fall down. I am feeling weak and could barely breathe anymore. My vision is blurred. All I can see is a tall figure approaching. It picks me and my sister up, taking us far away from the very hot place.

Next thing you know....

It was instant black out.