Worry

Maha

I am laying down behind Pride Rock with my friends Bahiya, Auni, Kisima, and Mila. We are sun bathing on the large rocks while gossiping about boys of course. Sometimes I feel like I'm a teenager all over again whenever we have those type of conversations. I giggle at the flashbacks in my head and smile.

"So Maha, how are things going with you and Rudo? You're always silent about your relationship!" Said Mila.

Okay, I am NEVER silent about me and Rudo. I always tell Bahiya and Auni about my relationship because they are my closest friends. Mila and I aren't that close. She is more of Kisima's best friend.

But, I don't mind sharing a bit of details.

I smile. "Things are going very well. I couldn't be anymore happier!"

"Awwww, how adorable!" Kisima gushed, like a normal girly girl.

"What about you Bahiya?" Auni asked.

"My marriage is great! I feel like the most luckiest lioness in the world to be married to a handsome lion like Makosa." Bahiya said, while blushing a deep red.

"Where is Makosa by the way?" Mila asks. "Usually he's with you."

Kisima shrugs. "Last time I saw him he was with my boyfriend Ishara. They were on patrol together and just came back home. Ishara went to go speak with his mother. I have no clue where Makosa is."

"He is with Heri." Auni answered.

I raise a brow. "Heri?"

I'm actually shocked to hear this. It seems like the two have been avoiding each other every since Heri returned home. Maybe they're having a bro-day! You know, doing what brothers do and creating that special bond again that they've once had. This is such good news!

Maybe there won't be any tension after all...

Bahiya smiles widely. "Really? This is so wonderful! I've been begging Makosa to speak with Heri all last night. They need to talk and catch up on a lot of things."

We all nod our heads agreeing.

"Yeah. I'm actually worried for them..." said Auni, ending her sentence with a sigh.

"How come?" Kisima asked. She tilts her head to the side with confusion.

"I don't want them to fight over the crown. They both should have some type of understanding and move on."

"But it is never easy that way, Auni." I say. "I wish it was but it's not. History may repeat itself..."

"What do you mean?" Bahiya asks me.

"Did something like this happen before?" Mila asked.

All of their eyes are on me now as they waited impatiently for answers. I remember a special tale my father had told me when I was a cub. It was the story between his father Mufasa and uncle Scar.

Both brothers who grew up first in the beginning loving and sweet to one another. But one brother let jealousy and hate take him over which resulted darkness in his heart. He wanted what the kind and loving brother had which was fame being King of course and also having the most beautiful lioness.