The Secret

Maha

Thanks to the rainy weather outside, the whole Pride have to be inside the cave. Ugh! Rudo went home. So now I'm bored with nothing else to do. I lay down next to my friends Bahiya, Mila, Auni, and Kisima.

My sister, brother, brother in-law, and nephew are all gone. Bahiya is in charge of the Pride until Kovu returns.

"So tell us Bahiya, how was the honeymoon?" Mila asks.

"It was great! The place Amwa got for us was just simply lovely and beautiful. I enjoyed every bit of it. It was nice to have a break from future Queen duties for a few days. Now I'm back to work!" Bahiya smiles.

"I wonder where my brother and Makosa had went..." I thought aloud.

"Oh, they went with King Kovu and Queen Kiara to Amwa's tree too."

"I wonder what's going on over there. They've been gone for a long while." Said Kisima. She looks very worried. "Ishara isn't around either. He shouldn't be outside in this rainy weather."

Auni shrugs. "I have no clue where Ishara is. Last time I saw him, he was with Kion before Kion had left with Makosa. Maybe he went out to patrol some more with the Lion Guard team or on his way back home."

Sure enough, Ishara walks inside the cave on cue. He shakes out his wet fur and mane thanks to the rain. Kisima smiles wide and happy that her boyfriend is home safe all in one piece.

She gets up and run over to hug him. They're so cute! Behind them comes in a very angry Kovu. What's wrong with him I wonder? He walks over to his favorite sleeping spot in the far back of the cave and laid down.

A few minutes after, Kiara walks in. She looks very upset. What's wrong with the two of them today? Maybe a bad argument. They never argue. Well, not when I'm around.

I got up on my four colorless paws and walked over to her to see what's up.

"Hey big sis, is everything okay?" I ask, concerned.

I nuzzle her in a sisterly way. She doesn't do it back. Instead, she gives me a weak smile as she walks away.

"Hello Maha! I am fine. I just need some rest. Thank you." She said.

"Okay. I understand, we can talk later I hope!"

I watch Kiara walk to the back of the cave. For the first time ever, she lays far away from Kovu on the other side of the cave wall. Wow, it must be a really bad argument! They've never done this before.

Makosa now walks in the cave with Kion. They both shake out their wet furs and manes, while wetting me in the process.

I frown. "Hey, don't you two see me standing here?!"

Kion chuckles. "Oh, hey little sis! I didn't see you there. Why would you be standing close  by the cave entrance anyway?"

"I was speaking with Kiara. She seems pretty upset. I wonder what happened between her and Kovu. He came inside very angry." I say, worried.

"My parents did get into a argument. Just let them both cool off and sleep. Maybe tomorrow they'll come to an understanding and talk." Said Makosa, while walking off. He went to go greet his wife Bahiya.