Chapter 12: Plans and Schemes

Start from the beginning

“Unfortunately I won’t be able to join you in the gardens today. My father is…I have matters that need my attention.”

He was shaking his head before I finished the sentence, then waved his hand as if to command my leave.

“I have no choice in the matter, the-“

He cut me short, “Who’s stopping you? If it’s important then you should go.” He said then dismissed me with another wave of his hand.

Surprisingly he didn’t seem particularly upset, he didn’t seem affected in the least really and I watched, disappointed as he dropped himself onto the bed cushion, his back flat on the soft surface and his eyes drifting close.

“Another time then?” I offered.

“Mhmm.”

I wanted to say more, possibly relay to him the importance of my mission, maybe even further apology and it was those thoughts that reminded me how much I had changed since meeting him all those years ago. I had once been as cold as my brothers, uncaring of the human disposition, thinking them all weak little things that existed for my own pleasure.

If I had known back then that I would one day fall helpless at the feet of this man I would still not have believed it.

“The drudges are at your disposal, feel free to tour the surroundings no one will dare lay a hand on you.”  I explained but still he offered nothing in the way of a polite response so I took my leave, calling for Kaio who appeared by my side in an instant. Together, with obvious urgency we departed for my father’s court. It was only my hope that I could stop him from making one would prove to be a grave mistake.

………………………………….

~Tony’s POV

~Five and a half Years earlier~

Lower and lower he trailed, his lips moving slowly over my heated flesh. When I felt his teeth scrape against my skin I tensed, waiting for what I knew he would never give me.

“You know it’s yours if you want it.” I gasped out when felt another scrape...lower this time before he let up completely and moved to lay beside me, his bare chest to the ceiling.

“I do not need your blood Tony.” And just like that the spell was broken, I shifted onto my side, my upper body supported by my propped elbow and opened my mouth to offer the usual retort.

“I won’t fight with you tonight.” He said with finality and I sighed, dropping down onto the bed once again in silence. I wasn’t much in the mood to fight either.

I allowed the silence to settle while I lay staring at him, staring at the ceiling, then I pushed up and swung my feet over the edge of the bed.

He glanced my way.

“Are you leaving?”

I bent to pull on my worn boots. “Got some errands to run, I’ll be back in a few hours.”

He sat up then, eyes narrowed.

“And by errands you mean you’ll be looking for trouble.”

I shrugged. He called it trouble I called it business.

“This is not wise Tony.”

Another shrug, “You coming?”

I knew the answer without having to ask and as expected it came without fail. “You know I am.”