{9} Ravished Lies

Start from the beginning

“Well, you see, Curran, because you ditched me without reason – ”

“I had a very logical reason!”

“Shut up and listen without interrupting me. After you ditched me in Death Manor where my stalker just so happens to live, I decided to make the best of it. I went to the last place we had rented a room in and tried to see if I could get my room back, but when Madam set eyes on Kid she wanted nothing to do with me.”

Eevee finished what Curran had brought for her to eat and pulled the covers up to her chin and wrapped herself in them. Curran watched her closely and reached out to place a lock of stray hair behind her left ear. Eevee didn’t flinch when he touched the side of her face that held a blue and purple color to it; a bruised covered the left side of her face, but it didn’t seem she was hurting because of it.

Eevee continued her story. “After Kid kicked the door in and after Madam kicked us out of the shop because she thought I was sleeping with Kid –”

“WHAT?!”

“ – Shut up – I told her about us getting into an argument and that I was staying in Kid’s manor. But that’s not what you want to hear, right? We were playing keep away and, like always, Kid had one of his symmetrical freak outs and because a useless cow.”

“He became a useless cow?”

“Yes. Worthless garbage of a useless cow – After we stopped to rest for a while because we had run almost all over Death City, we stopped near Maka’s flat. We were going to look for you and offer you a room here in the Manor. Anyway, before we could get to the flat and persuade you—”

“I’m sure you mean drag me here against my will.”

“. . . . you have no will, so shut up and let me finish. There were two girls about the same age as you with long dark hair and brown eyes. It was a meister and her weapon, and they were there to kidnap Kid –heh, Kid kidnapped– they had plans tonight, but canceled them to take Kid. So I did the only thing I could do!”

Curran had gone paled, but gave her his undivided attention.

“I hugged Kid tightly and refused to let go.” Eevee told him. “They would have to kidnap me too. Ne, Curran, are you even paying attention to me anymore?”

He sat on the edge of the bed without moving a muscle as if Eevee hadn’t said a word. Eevee knowing she had described the girl he had been meeting with moved to where she could place a hand on his shoulder. Curran lifted his eyes to hers and then moved them to the bandaged left had that was on his shoulder.

Curran took her hand in his and pulled her to sit beside him. The left upper side of Eevee’s body was either covered by bandages, bruises, and small scratches while the right side was perfectly clean with not a single hair out of place. He knew exactly who she was talking about, but he wasn’t sure how they had found Eevee or why they had done what they had done to her. He really didn’t want to ask how it was that they got into a fight, but he had a suspicion it had been because of Kid.