"What Are You, An Acorn?"

"Hey, Evan! How's the first day so far?" Asked Jared.

"Good, I-I guess," Said Evan stuttering, as always.

"Whatever, cya!" Said Jared.

"Wait!" Evan yelped. "Can you help me? I'm a little lost."

Jared looked back at the other male. "Please, Evan. I'm not helping you out of all people. The only reason I'm NICE to you is because our parents are friends. Now fuck off!"

"Oh, ok," murmured Evan, hurt.

Time passed and now it was lunchtime. Evan quickly ran to his locker to get his lunch. He had trouble getting to his locker, for people wouldn't move.

He was a bottom locker, and that didn't have perks. (I would know)

He finally got it and went to the cafeteria.

It was almost packed. He spotted Jared sitting alone with his phone out and earbuds in. He went over to him.

Jared didn't hear or see Evan sit next to him. He was concentrated on the movie playing on his phone.

He felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked over to see Evan. He paused and took off his earbuds.

"Oh, hey," he said.

Evan smiled. "Hi!" He tried to make eye contact but Jared kept avoiding him. He decided to just start eating.

"How'd you break your arm?" Asked Jared, curious.

Evan looked at Jared and met his eyes.

"I.. I fell off a tree and.." His eyes were still locked with Jared's. He felt his cheeks warm up.

"You fell off a tree?" Said Jared, holding back laughs. "What are you, an acorn?"

"A-An acorn?" Evan thought Jared was making fun of him.

"Yeah! Like, you know! 'Cause acorns fall of tree's and you fell off a.." he trailed off. Evan's face read confusion and it was no use explaining. Instead, he rolled his eyes. "Nevermind," the bell rang. "Let's just go to class."

"Oh, ok sure let's go to class," he said, cheeks red and with a slight voice crack.