Girl Time

The next morning

"Guys, I'm sorry I locked up your dragons. I just didn't trust that you guys would let me go after Dagur," Heather said looking at Astrid.
"Trust does need to be earned with people and dragons," Fishlegs replied
"I don't really trust these guys either, Heather," Snotlout said.
"You know, we can hear you, right?" Astrid asked.
"Jealousy is an ugly quality, Astrid. But clearly, I understand where it comes from," Snotlout said.
"Jealous? At what?" Astrid asked.
"Me and Heather of course. I can't have the two of you," Snotlout said.
"Sexist much," Heather said.
"You have no idea," Astrid replied.

"The point is, we have you back, Heather. You're one of us.," Hiccup said.
"Yeah, I stocked Windshear's stable with buckets of sea slugs," Fishlegs said.
"And I made room for you in my hut!" Snotlout shouted.
"And I've made it clear to Snotlout that you're not staying in his hut," Hiccup said.
"Even though you were the rogue dragon rider and you sabotaged our dragons and you snuck away in the dark of the night. Wait a minute, why do we like you again?" Tuff asked.
"I'm truly sorry, Tuffnut," Heather said.
"Whoa! That was... sincere. What am I supposed to do with that? I'm a little bit flushed and overwhelmed. Little help here? People?!" Tuff shouted
"Help yourself," Ruff said.

"I'm always here if you need any help with Windshear..." Fishlegs started.
"Here's a better idea, why don't I show you around the Edge? I'm basically chief," Snotlout boasted.
"Thanks guys, really. I would like to..." Heather started.
"Hey, glad you're back. Your dragon rocks," Ruff creepily said before Astrid pulled Heather away.
"Let's go have some girl time," Astrid said.
"Good idea," Heather replied running out.

The Forest

"I still think that two axes are better than one!" Astrid shouted throwing them at the target.
"True. Unless you have one of these!" Heather exclaimed throwing her axe at a different one.
"You really have to show me how you made that!"
"Sure, but I prefer close combat to throwing so I can stare my enemy in the eye."
"Not a bad tactic. But don't discount... Hyah!"
"Hmm... The element of surprise. I like that."
"That's one of Hiccup's favorite tactics. He always uses it."
"So, you two are a thing, right?"
"What? No! Heather!"
"What? I've seen the way the you two are together."
"No. Seriously. Friends. Me and Dagur on the other hand..."
"Hmm. He's kind of cute."
"I guess. If you like that unassuming, heroic, dragon rider type. Now, you and Snotlout, that's a match made in Valhalla. I don't whether to thank you or feel sorry for you."
"I can handle Snotlout. And besides, I'm not into the macho Viking type. I like a little smarts. Like Fishlegs."
"Fishlegs?! Seriously?!"
"What? I think he's funny and cute."
"We're talking about Fishlegs, right? The guy with the Gronckle?"
"What's wrong with him?"
"He needs to work out a little. Have you seen the fat on him?"
"All right. Enough boy talk. What else do you do for fun around here?"
"Well... there's something me and Stormfly do."
"What is it?"
"Basically, I run really fast and jump off any cliff trying to grab on her tail."
"Sounds fun."
"Okay, then... keep up!" Astrid shouted running.
"Astrid wait!"

They came up on the cliff and played the game. Astrid grabbed Stormfly's tail. Heather flew past Windshear but the Razorwhip caught her.

"Want to go two out of three?" Astrid called over.
"No. I want to show you something. If you can keep up," Heather said.
"Get 'em, Stormfly!"

At Heather's campsite

"What are we doing back at your campsite? You forget something?" Astrid asked.
"No."
"Stay put, Stormfly. Keep your ears up."
"It must be here."
"Are you going to clue me in on what we're doing here?"
"I'm looking for something important."
"Looking for something like... Trader Johann?"

"Miss Astrid, so nice to see you again. Would you mind, please, lowering you axe so my frightened soul might be granted safe passage back to my body?" Johann said.
"Johann! Thank Thor." Heather said.
"Miss Heather! I'm overjoyed you're not dead. When the Terrible Terror returned with the message I sent, I was sick with worry. Then, when I arrived here and saw your campsite abandoned, I feared the worst!"
"Alright, someone needs to tell me what's going on," Astrid said.
"You see, Miss Astrid, if you need exotic spices from a foreign land, or one-of-a-kind cured leathers, or incredibly difficult to obtain information detailing the exact whereabouts of a certain dastardly Beserker, Trader Johann is your man."
"And if you need a warrior to take of that dastardly Berserker, I'm your girl!" Heather said.
"So he's got the info and you've got the axe. Now what?" Astrid asked.

"Dagur is set to purchase a fleet of new ships from a group of salty undesirables in the Sea of Despair. But be wary. These new ships for his armada are outfitted with powerful anti-dragon winches and catapults. After the deal is done, I won't be able to find him again. Dagur will be back in the wind. Adrift, like a leaf in a stream and I've used my last grapevine, so I won't be able to offer my invaluable, yet expensive information," Johann explained.
"Got it. Thanks, Johann. Come on, Astrid," Heather said.
"You're not coming?" Astrid asked.
"What part of this implies rushing into battle on a flying lizard?" Johann asked.

On the way to edge.

"Heather, don't do this," Astrid said.
"Astrid, I know how you feel about him and I don't want that to be ruined. But I have to do this. Me and Dagur... have a history together."
"History? What do you mean by history?"
"How many secrets can you keep?"
"How many are you going to tell me?"
"One more now, but probably more later."
"What is it?"
"Dagur and I are playing a... game that involves me acting like I hate him."
"We're doing the same thing. Wait... you're the family member he was talking about!"
"What did he say?"
"I said that we had to act around the riders, he said that he was doing the same thing or something similar with a family member of his. Heather?"
"I'll tell you more later. We're about to land."

The dragons landed outside the stables and were greeted by everyone except for Hiccup.

"Where were you two?" Fishlegs asked.
"Yeah. I missed my two favourite girls," Snotlout said.
"Oh thanks," Ruff said.
"We were speaking to Trader Johann," Astrid said.
"We have a map leading right to Dagur," Heather added.
"Great. I can't wait to lock him up again," Tuff said.
"We need to wait for Hiccup to get back," Fishlegs said.
"Fishlegs, we gotta go now. Dagur won't be out in the open for long," Heather said.
"Wait a minute. You want us to go into battle with Dagur and the Beserkers without Hiccup and Toothless?" Snotlout asked.

"Guys, I wish Hiccup and Toothless were here, trust me. But they're not. And we can't wait. Dagur's ships are rigged with dragon-proof chains and grappling hooks. And the ships he's buying are even more powerful. But with all of us attacking at once, Dagur won't know what hit him," Heather explained.
"I have to say any aerial assault of this magnitude would be foolish without Toothless. He's the most powerful dragon in our arsenal. But you're still my favorite, girl," Fishlegs said to Meatlug.
"Well, it's not like we need Hiccup and Toothless. But it's nice to know we have a Night Fury when things get hairy," Snotlout said.
"You heard Johann, Astrid. This is our last chance," Heather said.
"Look, Heather, you know how I feel on the topic," Astrid said
"Just forget it. All that stuff about trust and having my back, I guess that was just talk," Heather said.
"Oh, man! Awkward," Tuff said.
"Tuff, come on," Astrid said.
"What?" he asked.
"Not cool, bro," Ruff replied.

30 minutes later

"Looks like it just you and me, Windshear... as usual," Heather said.
"Hey. If we're gonna do this, it has to be a capture mission, not a kill mission. Agreed?" Astrid asked.
"Agreed. We'll sink Dagur's armada, and drag him back to Outcast Island. Let him rot there," Heather said.
"Okay. Then we're with you," Astrid said.
"You can thank me. I was the one who rallied these guys," Snotlout said.
"Well, that's not really my recollection," Fishlegs said..
"Quiet, Fishlegs!" Snotlout ordered.
"As soon as she left..." Fishlegs started.
"I said quiet, Fishlegs!" Snotlout repeated.
"Didn't your lips start to do that cute little quiver thing that they do when you're about to cry?" Tuff asked.
"You quiet! That's a tic! It's a tic when i'm about to fight," Snotlout said.

"So, what changed your mind?" Heather asked.
"Hiccup. He would never want you to face Dagur alone again. And neither do I," Astrid explained.
"Well, I know right where Dagur is," Heather said.
"Good. Then you won't need this. Now, Hiccup will be able to find us. So what's you plan?" Astrid asked.
"Hit him when he least expects it," Heather replied.