Who's This Chick Again?

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, but it was different," I told her, remembering all the times Klaus had done the things he did towards everyone I loved.

"Tell me, was it difficult to watch?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Then why'd you stay with him? Why'd you risk everything for him? Why'd you risk having the perfect little family with that rich Lockwood boy?" she questioned.

"How do you know about him?" I asked, angry at the name.

"I confess, when I first heard your name I was intrigued. Nik cares for so few people.So, I looked you up. The Internet, it is such a marvel. I learned all about your storied past. The family, two parents and twin sisters, crash off a bridge into the water. The parents drown, but the twins miraculously survive. Wow. And that's not even a spec of it, is it?" she asked, stepping forward.

"Are you enjoying this?" I grit my teeth, getting in her smug little face, "Bringing up every little tragedy in my life? Do you get off on being cruel?" I growl.

"Maybe I'm looking for the ways in which we are alike," She hummed, turning away and sitting on one of the workout benches, "see, Nik's been obsessed with me for centuries, and now he's infatuated with you. What do you think the overlap is between us? Is it family tragedies? Yours was quite the story, and mine? Well, you can assume, can't you? Tristan likes to have me committed every so often? Hoping to cure my eccentric predispositions. Thanks to him I've been plunged into ice baths, bled for melancholia, and exorcised for demons five, no six... Six times. And my latest diagnosis is bipolar disorder. I imagine you are familiar with it," She assumes.

"Yeah, and I know a great therapist-"

"Shut up, Harper! I prefer not to be condescended to by someone who might as well be as crazy as I am. Now, tell me a bit more about you. Starting with how you feel about Nik. And do bear in mind, I am a stickler for honesty," she commanded.

So, I did. From the beginning. How much I hated him, then tolerated him, loved him, and now hate him.

You really poured a mug of coffee over his head?" she laughed. "I can't believe he didn't kill you."

"Well, why don't you ask your boyfriend why he didn't kill me?" I ask her.

"You feeling jealous? It seems as though you are, and yet, you and Nik are not lovers. You admitted so yourself. You hate him for what he had done to you those many months ago," She stated.

"We're not involved, no, but I'm not going to allow my daughter to have a horrific step mother," I scoff.

She sped to grab me by my throat. 

"I-Isn't it interesting how angry you are? You're worried. If there's anything Klaus likes about me, it's my will. The will that I could conjure to have the capacity to love him, understand him, to make sure snide little bitches don't ruin our family," I struggle, she pushed harder, "you? You are beautiful, powerful, but you do have a long history together. You're worried that he doesn't love you," she loosened her grip, "that maybe he does see the truth. That your will... it's a bit damaged, isn't it?" I ask.

She finally slams me to the fence and I felt my head hit the corner bar... hard. I knew that my head was bleeding, which matched hers swimmingly. I slid down the fence, my head pounding and everything feeling fuzzy.

"Okay. I've had enough. Now let's just... let's shine the light back on you, shall we? Tell me your deepest, darkest secret. And if I sense that you're holding back... well, you might not live long enough for Nik to get here," She hissed, threatening me.

What was my deepest darkest secret? I didn't even have a single clue. I had an idea though.

"I will not ask again! You greatest shame, admit it! And do not bother lying because I will know. And then I will end you," Aurora threatened