24; Caught In The Spider's Web

'Straight Razor' by Matt Maeson

"Don't let it all faze her.

When my news gets so major.

'Cause it don't stop.

No, it don't end."

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire," Rebekah whines.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked a helpless werewolf girl whom my pregnant girlfriend felt the need to help," Klaus explains.

I shot a glare at Klaus and he gave me a smug smile.

"The werewolf would like to know what the plan is," Hayley tells us.

"Well, that depends on what plan you mean, love. My plan or global domination or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel cruel world," Klaus taunts his sister. Rebekah smiled at him, darting a paintbrush in his direction, which he caught with ease.

"The plan to rescue Elijah, so that I can help her find her inbred friends. I mean it's only fair since you stabbed him in the back," I smile sinfully.

"In the front, if we're being specific," Klaus twirls the paint brush between his fingers innocently.

"You three said you'd get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" Hayley sighs impatiently.

"Okay," Klaus sighs before sitting down.

"Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy. He's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless, and secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently, and thirdly, sister, please," Klaus gestures to Rebekah, urging her to continue.

The mention of Davina caused me to shift uncomfortably. "And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back," Rebekah finishes simply.

"That's not the whole plan, is it?" Hayley asks.

Rebekah scoffs, "Oh, Please. Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is no one more diabolical." We all looked at Klaus.

"Well, that's only the plan 'A', darling. There's always a plan 'B'," Klaus smiles at me.

"And what is that, I might ask?" Hayley asks.

"War."

___________

Marcel called me up to head to the compound to make plans regarding Davina's future safety. Though, he was getting fitted for his tux for tonight fundraising party of his. So, our meeting was placed on hold.

Thierry stood in the doorframe, smirking at Marcel. I watched the witch tailor Marcel for his suit and felt extremely bored. "Damn, I do look good in a suit," Marcel admires himself in the mirror, causing Thierry to chuckle.

"Wow. Who knew your ego could get any bigger? I think we'll need to fix the circumference of the foundation of your crown, I don't think it'll fit tonight," I sarcastically shoot at him.

"Hey, no need to get smart with me, Harp. Do you mind doing a favor for me and checking up on the party for me?" Marcel asks.

"'Course," I sigh, turning on my heel out the door. I stopped short when I felt footsteps and a powerful aura collide with mine. Our body's close, my heart skipping a beat. I looked up to see his beautiful stormy eyes and those kissable lips. I'll have to kiss them later.