Hearing the Truth

Chapter 30 Hearing the Truth

"Alright we are here for the custody battle for Evan Dennis," Mark said.

"Both parents want full custody of the child and are here today to explain why they would be the ideal parent," Mark said and both parties nod their head.

"I'll go with you Jonathan since Evan seems to be more attached to you. Why should you be able to have full custody over Evan," Mark asked as Jonathan stood up.

"I have been taking care of Evan ever since Gina had walked out on us. She gave me no reason why and left with everything. I had to start from scratch and build up to the life I've had with Evan. She comes back and asks for Custody over hi especially after we haven't seen her in 5 years. He knows me as his father and would hate to be separated from me," Jonathan said.

"Alright now Gina please explain your absence to Jonathan," Mark asked.

"I had developed postpartum depression after I gave birth to Evan. I didn't want to believe that I could hurt my baby so I left to go and help me with my situation. It took a long 2 years of my life to finally get over it. I tried looking for Evan but Luke wasn't giving me any information on where I could find them. I tried so hard trying to reunite with my baby boy and I was prevented from seeing him. I want the chance to prove I could be a good mother and raise Evan," Gina said.

"Why don't you both raise Evan together. I can still see the love you have for each other," Mark asked and she looked down.

"I found a new love which is why we're divorcing," Gina said shocking Jonathan a bit.

"I see... Alright Jonathan what have you done for Evan during the last 5 years," Mark asked.

"I made sure he had all of his necessities. We have a stable home and I take him to daycare whenever I go to work. He loves it at home," Jonathan said.

"Gina what have you done for Evan for the last 5 years," Mark asked.

"I only gave birth to him your honor. I then went to rehab to get my life back together. I tried to provide for him afterwords but I wasn't allowed to by his brother," Gina said.

"Alright What is your financial status Gina," Mark said.

"I currently have a weekday job working from 8-4. I live in a 2 story home and I am capable of handling myself," Gina said.

"And you Jonathan?"

"I work Monday to Thursdays and Saturday's from 8 to 4. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment and I am capable of getting everything Evan needs," Jonathan said calmly.

"I have heard both of your stands on why you should keep the child but I need to know if there is anything else before we continue on," Mark said and Gina looked hesitant on saying something.

"Do you have something to say Miss Fong," Mark asked.

"Jonathan might not actually be the father," Gina said shocking the courtroom.

"It's been 5 years since you've had this boy and you realize now that they might not be related," Mark asked bewildered at the thought.

"I thought for sure Jonathan was the father but seeing Evan now he looks nothing like him I demand a DNA test before hearing the final decision,"
Gina said confidently.

"I approve of a DNA test. We will have a kit for you and Evan shortly. We will adjourn when the results are in," Mark said banging the gavel on the stand.

But Jonathan was too far gone to hear. His heart shattering in a million pieces at the revelations Gina had revealed. There was a possibility that he wasn't Evan's biological father. That Gina had cheated on him with another man and then making him believe that he was the father. Life couldn't have sucked more than it did right now.

Issa so short. Sorry haha. I like seeing the hints in comments. Trying to help one another out Issa so sweet lol. Can I say we only have 2 more chapters left? Yeah imma say it

With lots of love 💛

Dially

Brofish 👊🐟

The Struggles of a Single Fatherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें