Always Smile Daddy

Chapter 24 Always Smile Daddy

4 was an age that most adults either yearned for or despised of. There was no in between. For Jonathan it was something he despised. He wanted Evan to stay as the young baby he held a long time ago. But at last he couldn't stop time as the days go by. Celebrating Evan's birthday and then signing him up for daycare. It suddenly dawned on Jonathan that his son was starting school in a year.

He wasn't ready to let his son out of his sight or even the sights of someone he trusted. He really didn't want to put Evan in DayCare. He was content in just letting Blue or Dially to take care of his son. But Dially and Blue has their own lives to take care of as well; they couldn't just stop everything just to take care of Evan.

Dially of course didn't mind but she had 4 other kids she had to take care of. He knew that the rest of the kids would join Evan when they get older but he wasn't ready to let Evan go.

"Are you excited for Day Care," Jonathan asked as he was driving towards the building.

"Yes daddy," Evan said looking out the car window.

Jonathan turned up the radio a bit hoping the music will calm him down. Looking through the rear view mirror, Jonathan watched as Evan bobbed his head to the music. The ride to Day Care seemed shorter than it really was. Jonathan shakily walked behind Evan as he excitedly ran towards the front.

"Hello welcome to Sunny Day Care," the receptionist said as Jonathan came up to the front desk.

"I'm here to check in Evan Dennis," Jonathan said as she typed away on the computer.

"Alright he's checked in I'll show him to his classroom," she said getting up from her seat.

"Alright Evan you'll go with this lady and I'll come pick you up after school," Jonathan said getting on his knee.

"Okay Daddy," Evan said.

"Be sure you are nice," Jonathan said.

"Okay Daddy."

"Remember to eat your lunch."

"Okay Daddy."

"Remember to listen to the teacher."

"Okay Daddy."

"I'll miss you," Jonathan whispered feeling tears come down his cheeks.

Evan frowned and walked to his dad. Evan rubbed Jonathan's cheek to wipe away the tears. Evan hugged Jonathan and he returned it.

"Always smile Daddy okay," Evan said to him making Jonathan shake.

"I'll see you later Evan," Jonathan said rubbing his eyes.

"Bye daddy," Evan said as he followed the receptionist.

Jonathan smiled after Evan knowing that he had nothing to worry about.

Some father and son fluff for you guys. I just love writing this book!

Hint: the theme of the book has to do with the titles of each chapter

With lots of love 💛

Dially

Brofish 👊🐟