To Court

Chapter 29 To Court

A long 2 months of planning with a lawyer, Jonathan had finally had his divorce papers filled out. The first meeting with Gina had gone relatively well. They agreed that anything Jonathan had bought after Evan was born would be his. Gina knew that she couldn't keep stuff that she had no say in buying. But when it came to discussing about Evan... that's when everything went to shit.

They went into heated arguments and the lawyers could barely contain them. Gina wanted full custody of Evan which Jonathan wasn't willing to give up. They knew they wouldn't be able to settle it normally so they both agreed on taking it to court. So here stood Jonathan in a suit he so despised just to make sure he kept Evan. Evan wasn't going to go anywhere without him. At least until he went to school. There were somethings Jonathan wanted to leave behind in school.

"Mr. Dennis you will have no problem winning this case," his lawyer, Anthony Chaos, said making him smile.

He got Anthony to be his lawyer again because of how professionally he handled the situation. He did everything in his power in helping his client on winning the case. He had a very clean track record only losing some cases he was forced to help. But Anthony had met Evan and knew that Jonathan was the one who should have full custody over. They met every Sunday to discuss what they would be talking about.

It was very simple. Explain to the judge that he had taken care of Evan the last 5 years without Gina and that he should continue to do so without her meddling in. Of course a part of Jonathan wanted to let Gina have some time with Evan but she had 5 years to do so. As much as Jonathan didn't want to, he had to bring Evan along. It would help him prove his case that Evan should stay with him.

"I hope so Anthony," Jonathan answered feeling like he could pass out.

"Daddy I don't like this place," Evan said who was currently in his arms.

"I know owl but it's only for a little bit. Afterwords we can get ice cream," Jonathan said making Evan smile.

"From the last place we went too," Evan said excitedly.

"Of course," Jonathan said tickling Evan.

"I don't get why you're actually trying to fight this," Gina said with her lawyer coming to them.

"I could ask you the same question," Jonathan said holding Evan tighter.

"I don't get why you refuse to let me get to know him joe especially when he's coming home with me," Gina said angrily making Jonathan scoff.

"You left out on us 5 years ago you lost the right to call yourself his mother," Jonathan said.

"Dude she isn't worth it and look at Evan," Luke said as he tagged along to support Jonathan.

"Can you please leave you're making Evan uncomfortable," Jonathan said and she glares.

"When this is over he'll be looking to me for comfort," she said as she left.

"Bitch," Jonathan whispered.

"I don't like her," Evan said making Jonathan smile.

"Alright your case is ready to be presented," the bailiff, who Jonathan recognized as Sean, said opening the double doors.

Jonathan let Gina enter first. The smell of her perfume whiffed in Jonathan's nose making him want to sneeze. Jonathan entered behind her lawyer quickly finding his seat next to Anthony. He looked over to Gina and saw her talking quietly with her lawyer.

"All rise for Mark," Sean said as Judge Mark walked into the room.

Jonathan got up along with everyone else at the room. They were asked to be seated and Jonathan could tell this was going to be a long day.

The official case is next chapter. Oh god this is super exciting. I have to do some extensive research on child custody battles. Hopefully I get it down to the point haha.

With lots of love 💛

Dially

Brofish 👊🐟