Chapter 2 - The Explosion

Collin was not alone in the scorching dessert. Standing about ten blocks in front of him was a blond haired boy looking as confused as he was. "Sam!" Collin yelled while running up to his friend. He found the sand did not enter his shoes the way it normally did when he walked on the beach. Instead, the sand seemed perfectly smooth, just like how it was in the game, Minecraft.

"W-Where are we?" Sam stuttered with eyes darting around nervously.

"I don't know, but I believe we are somehow in the world of Minecraft," Collin replied while pointing to the cubes of sand and cactuses.

"Is this a dream?" Sam asked quietly.

Collin hesitated before responding, "I don't think so, and we can't both have the same dream. Plus, it all seems so real."

"Well, how do we return to the real world, Collin?"

"I don't know Sam, I really don't know."

The two of them decided they might as well try to survive since it was starting to get dark. Collin led the way as they ran in one direction through the dusty biome. It was not long before he sighted a jungle biome about thirty blocks ahead. "Let's gather wood so we can build a house."

Collin went up to a tree and nervously punched its trunk softly. To his amazement, the wood seemed to break off a little. He punched it again, this time a little harder. Sure enough, a big piece of wood broke off and landed on the grass, shrinking into a smaller version soon after. "Awesome!" He yelled in excitement as he picked up the item and placed it in his pocket.

That was when he realised he was not wearing the same clothes he was wearing when he had gone to bed. He was now in a light blue t-shirt with dark blue pants, just like what the default Steve skin looked like in the game. Suddenly, Collin heard a cry of help come from deep inside the jungle.

"Sam! Where are you?" He started running in the direction of where he had heard his friend yell while carefully dodging leaves and vines. Collin was sprinting so fast, he tripped over an ocelot that had emerged from behind a tree. He fell forward a few metres away and felt his right leg hit something hard.

Ignoring the pain, he got up and continued running until he reached a clearing, where he found Sam trying to get away from a creeper. "I'll save you, Sam!" He yelled as he charged towards the creeper with his bare fists, which was the second stupidest thing he had ever done in his life.

The creeper exploded, sending chunks of dirt blocks and leaves flying everywhere as well as killing the two boys. Everything became dark, and Collin thought he and his friend was dead. Nothing seemed to have happened in the next few seconds, and he was disappointed that he was not floating up towards heaven.

That was when he could open his eyes again, and instead of waking up back at home, he was lying down on cold, white snow. He sat up and noticed Sam was already up and walking about. "Where are we?"

"We're still in the world of Minecraft, except we seemed to have spawned in a snow biome this time. The strange thing is I still have my wooden axe and a few wooden planks from last time." Sam continued to walk around in circles.

Collin stood up straight before responding, "You're right Sam, I can still feel my block of wood in my pocket, but I'm sorry about getting us blown up."

"Just don't do that again," His friend said sternly with an annoyed tone.

The two of them continued to look around the area, then soon realised that the sun was starting to set. "We should gather some wood and find a cave to stay for the night," Collin suggested as he went up towards the nearest tree.

After they had killed enough trees, they each crafted a wooden pickaxe and found a cave for them to enter. It was dark, and Collin hoped he would be able to find some coal soon. As he was exploring the big cave with Sam following close behind, he heard a noise from somewhere to the left. He turned around and could make out something moving. With his wooden sword drawn, he got ready to fight whatever monster that was lurking in the shadows.