Ben and I made our way downstairs. I finally soaked in the tiny house. It smelled like a house old people lived in. There were photos all over the walls of Ben's family. He explained to me who was in each framed photo and showed me around the house. Where he used to play with his cousins when they were younger and everything.

We made our way to the kitchen there were two plates that had what looked like turkey sandwiches with lettuce and tomatoes on wheat bread.

"What would you like to drink, dear?" Ben's grandma asked me. She peered into the white fridge. "I've got water, lemonade..oh looks like we're low on milk. Benji could you get us some more milk when you are finished with your meal?"

"Sure, Nanna." Ben said.

"Um, Lemonade is fine." I said finally.

"I'll have lemonade too, Nanna." Ben said. I followed him to the tiny wooden table in the kitchen area and sat across from him. The little wooden chair creaked as I sat down and I didn't wanna release all my weight on it because it seemed like my butt would split it in half.

Ben and I ate our sandwiches in silence while his grandma was rummaging through the cabinets and heating up some water on a kettle on the stove. I was just about to take a sip of my lemonade when I heard it.

The sound of a spoon against a teacup.

I froze and looked over towards Nanna. She was smiling at me and stirring her tea that I hadn't realized she even made.

I wanted to run out of the kitchen, but instead I gently stood up and said, "Excuse me." I quickly walked to the bathroom. That lady was probably trying to hypnotize me oh my goodness. Get Out is just a movie, you idiot, I thought to myself.

Once I got to the bathroom and calmed down I realized I was probably being stupidly paranoid especially since my own family is white. I flushed the toilet even though I didn't use it and ran the faucet. When I finally convinced myself that I was being dumb I went back to the kitchen and finished my sandwich.

I looked at Ben sitting across the table from me and he was chuckling while looking at me. I knew that he knew exactly what I was thinking because we saw Get Out together.

Ben cleared his throat and slid his chair back to stand up. "I'll go get that milk for you, nanna." He looked at me still with amused eyes. "Come with me." I followed him outside the house and he burst into a fit of laughter.

"Ben, it's not funny!" I said while laughing too.

"You are way too paranoid. I can't believe you actually thought you were being hypnotized." Ben threw his arm around my shoulders as we walked. "Relax, will you?"

I playfully shoved him away. "I was about to call the cops!" This made Ben laugh even harder. The sounds of his laughter echoed throughout the open fields. I started walking towards his car.

"Where are you going?" He said as he stopped laughing.

"Um, duh aren't we going to the store to get milk?" I asked.

Ben literally fell over in the grass and laughed his head off for about a solid 2 minutes. I just stared at him with my hands on my hips in annoyance and confusion. The sounds of his laughter echoed across the entire field. It could probably be heard from a mile away. I looked around waiting for him to finish. In the window at the house I caught a glance of papa looking outside at us. He was probably wondering why Ben was cracking up because I was wondering the same.

"What?" I asked in irritation.

Ben sat up on the ground and smiled at me, "Babe, this is a farm"