Chapter 2

Heather McNamara's POV

I knew something was off with Ronnie, but she won't tell me what it is. I mean, we are friends, aren't we? I just want her to be happy.

[Monday]

I entered the school and walked over to my locker, where I saw Martha standing a few feet away, fidgeting with the lock combination. She noticed me staring,

"Hi, Martha!" I said with a simple wave. All I could see was, her getting her things together and possibly rolling her eyes. What had I done? I just want to be friends with her, and just get rid of all the things that happened in the past. I wanted to be a better person.

I felt my lips curve down, and my hand slowly went back to my side as I gathered my things and went to class.

As I was walking, I caught sight of Veronica.

"Hey Mac!" The taller girl greeted me, and I smiled slightly. "What's going on?"

"Oh, nothing." I began. Then I thought for a moment, staring at my feet until I'd decided what to say, "uh, do you know if Martha has something against me?" Ronnie looked confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I tried saying hi to her earlier and she just kind of ignored me..."

"Oh. I'll talk to her about it."

"No! No, you don't have to. It was just a silly question-"

"Mac, I want you two to be friends. I'm going to talk to her." I knew once Ronnie had made a decision, that I couldn't talk her out of it, so I gave in.

"Okay. I guess I can't talk you out of it, huh?"

"Nope."

"Well, okay then. See you at lunch."

"Bye!" And then I finally got to my class.

Veronica's POV

After I made my way out of class, I noticed Martha walking off in front of me, and I quickly stopped her.

"Hey, Martha."

"Oh, hey Veronica!" She said with a smile.

"We need to talk."

"Oh, about what?"

"Heather. Heather McNamara?"

"Oh." She looked down.

"Listen, I don't know why you hate her so much, but she tried to be nice to you and you rejected her. Can't you at least try to be nice to her?"

"Veronica, I really don't want to talk to her."

"Why? Things have changed now. People have changed now. If you would talk to her, then maybe she won't seem so bad."

"I-I'll try. But only for you."

"I guess that's better than nothing. We'll talk more after school, okay?"

"Okay."

[At Martha's house]

"Okay, so more about Mac," I began, "she's really nice. She went through a lot last month, and I can't find a reason to hate her."

"I can."

"The poor girl tried to kill herself. Do you not care about that?"

"I-I didn't know. I'm so sorry." Martha looked genuinely sorry.

"You shouldn't be apologizing to me."

"I know, and I'll try to talk to Heather."

"Thank you." And then we started our movie night.

IM SORRY I MADE MARTHA SEEM RUDE IM SORRY. She'll get back to being an angel soon I promise.