26

April's POV:

The house is crowded and reeks of alcohol. The music is overwhelmingly loud but I don't care.

"Look who decided to show up." I hear from behind me. I turn around to see kian and i smile. "I guess so." I chuckle.

"You wanna drink?" He ask pointing to the kitchen. "Sure." I shrug. I could drink a little. I follow him into the kitchen and he's quick to pour me a drink. "Thanks." I say over the loud music he smiles and fills up a cup of his own.

I'm halfway through my drink when I see Ethan in the living room. "You wanna dance?" I grin turning to kian. "Sure." He shrugs. 

I grab his wrist and pull him to the middle of the living room. As we make it to the middle of the living room I start to sway my hips to the music and kian waste no time in grabbing my waist and pressing up against me.

Ethan's POV:

I don't see April anywhere. I've tried not to make it obvious that I'm looking for her but I have to figure out where she's at.

I see her dark hair in the crowded living room. She's with kian. She's dancing. Grinding on him even and I think I might flip out. I just might snap.

I watch her as she turns to face him and wraps her arms around his neck and laughs. Their faces are only centimeters apart and I've seen enough.

I start to push through the crowd to reach her and kian. "Get the fuck off her." I say pushing kian off her and her eyes widen.

"Ethan what the fuck are you doing?" She ask glancing back at kian. "She's here with me." Kian argues. "Well she shouldn't be." I say shoving him.

"Ethan stop! I'm here with him not you!" She says. I grab kians collar ignoring her. "Leave her the fuck alone. Stay away from her or so help me god." I say through clenched teeth.

"Ethan leave him alone!" She shouts again placing her hand on my shoulder. I release kian and he looks over at April. "April I'll just talk to you later." He mutters and goes to walk away.

She watches him walk away and then her gaze meets mine. She rolls her eyes and she pushes through the crowd of people trying to get to the front door.

I follow her calling her name the whole time. As we reach the front yard it's almost like the volume of the whole party went down a few notches.

"April!" I shout for her. I know she can hear me now. It's quiet out here. She doesn't answer me though.

She crosses her arms over her chest in hopes to keep herself warm as she walks down the street.

I run after her and run in front of her to stop her, now back pedaling. "April, at least let me take you home." I say trying to reason with her. "For what Ethan? So you can make another bet? Leave me alone Ethan." She says throwing her hands in the air and tying to walk past me. I stop her.

"ETHAN YOU RUINED MY WHOLE GOD DAMN NIGHT FOR NO FUCKING REASON! YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT ME SO LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!" She shouts now completely fed up with me.

We're in middle of the road a couple houses away from the party and she's shivering and I have no clue what to say to her.

I grab both sides of her face and crash my lips into hers. Hard and fast so she can't object. She's stiff at first but she relaxes into my touch.

When I pull away she's calmer and a smile plays on my lips. "Please tell me you feel it too." Is all I say. "Ethan." She mutters. "No listen to me April. Yes, I made a bet when I first saw you but way before we got serious I called it off. Everything I did was real. Everything I said was real and I know what I'm feeling is real. No other girl has ever made me act this way April. If you don't want to believe me then that's fine. I just don't want you to leave me without me saying what I have to say." I blurt out and take a deep breath afterwards.

"How do I know you're telling the truth?" She ask shivering a bit. "Trust me." Is all I said. She chuckles. "It's not that easy Ethan." She says looking away from me not wanting to make eye contact.

I place my finger under her chin and force her to look at me. "Let me prove it to you. I'll show you that I actually care about you." I plead. I just want her in my life again.

"Okay." She mutters. I smile brightly and she chuckles looking down at the ground.

I take my jacket off and hand it to her. "Let me take you home. Please." I say. She takes the jacket and places it on her shoulders and sighs. "Okay." She agrees.

I place my hand on the small of her back like I always did and guide her back to where my car is.

"It's freezing." She mutters Breaking the weird silence. "I know baby I know." I say rubbing my hand up and down her back.

—————————
AN:

Ugh I loved this chapter so much!!!