2

Ethan's POV:

"So she's a nerd?" Jake and my twin brother Grayson ask with wide eyes. I just nod. "So I guess I'm gonna win this bet then." Jake grins.

I roll my eyes as I plop down on the couch in our basement. "What makes you think that?" I ask. He scoffs. "You can't convince a girl as smart as her that you're a good guy. Your tricks won't work." Grayson agrees with him earning yet another eye roll from me.

"Listen, I got this. It's gonna take some time but I got it." I reassure them. "You don't have all year." Jake argues. "I don't need it." I smirk.

April's POV:

"How was school sweetheart?" My Mom ask as I walk into the kitchen to get something to drink.

"Good besides the fact that everyone was staring at me." I sigh. "They won't do that for much longer honey. Don't worry about it." She reassures me.

"Did you make any friends?" She ask wanting to know as much as possible. I roll my eyes as I sit my pop can on the island. "No Mom. No one really wants to talk to me." I say honestly.

"I'm sure they do. Just make yourself more approachable." She says with a bright smile as she makes her way out of the kitchen.

"Yeah Mom I'll get right on it." I sigh to myself. God she's so stupid sometimes. Chances are I'll just go through this year by myself.

It's not much different from my old school. I only had one or two friends there. I'm just not very social I guess.

I'm more worried about my grades and future than anything else so why would anyone want to hang out with me.

I sigh as I plop down on one of the stools in the kitchen. Maybe this year I'll loosen up a bit. Maybe that's what I need.