3

April's POV:

Day 2. Great.

I sigh as I unlock my locker and shove my book bag in. I grab my books and things that I need for my first three classes and head straight to first period.

Yeah the bell hasn't rang yet but what else am I supposed to do? I don't have any friends to hang out with and talk to in the hallway.

I just hope this day goes by fast. At least first period is my favorite. English.

********
At lunch

As I grab my trey and head out towards all the tables I'm expecting to sit alone. I don't mind. I guess I'll just do my homework since no one will be there to bother me.

"You can sit her if you want." I hear a small voice. I look up and she's pretty. She's got dirty blonde hair and piercing blue eyes and she's got the body every girl wants.

Part of me thinks she's a bitch just because of how pretty she is but what do I have to lose at this point.

"Thank you." I mutter as I take a seat across from her. "I'm Britney." She smiles I smile back at her. "A-" she cuts me off "April." She says. I nod.

"How'd you know my name?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows. "Let's just say things get around this school fast so be careful." She says taking a bite of her food. I nod slowly.

"This is Morgan and Sierra." She says pointing to the two other girls at the table. I give them a light wave and prepare myself for the questions to roll in.

"So rumor has it you're smart." Britney says Breaking the awkward silence. "I guess." I shrug. "That's good. That means you won't get caught up with the wrong people." She adds.

"Well who are the wrong people exactly?" I ask scrunching up my face. "I'll give you the run down." She says setting her fork down and glancing at all the tables in the cafeteria.

"Over there you have the weird nerds, there are the cool nerds, there are the jocks, cheerleaders." She says motioning towards each table. I kinda block some of them out until she gets to a certain table.

"Now those guys there are probably the most popular guys in school. They don't play sports but they throw the best parties." She says. I take in every guy at the table and I see the kid that bothered me yesterday in math and one that looks so much like him.

"That kids in my math class." I mutter. "Which one?" Britney ask. "The one in the red sweatshirt." I mutter yet again. Her eyes go a little wide and I'm taken back.

"That's Ethan Dolan. He's a typical fuckboy if I had to give him a title." My eyebrows furrow and she takes that as an invitation to explain more. "He likes to mess with girls feelings and chances are that tables already talking about you." She says raising her eyebrows.

"Why would they be talking about me?" I ask pushing my hair behind my ear. "Because you're a typical hottie and not to mention you're a little mysterious." She says with a grin.

There's no way those guys think I'm hot. They could get any girl in the school so why would they mess with me?

Ethan's POV:

She's sat at the table across from us with Britney, Morgan, and Sierra. Probably three of the most level headed girls in our school. I understand why she's sitting there.

"So are you going to talk to her or what?" Jake ask pestering me. I shrug.

"Ethan just leave her alone." Grayson says trying to talk me out of it. He's not too fond of the bet Jake and I have going but he never is. He's more of a relationship type of guy.

I stand up from my seat and Jake watches me closely. "No way." He says. I smirk down at him and make my way to her table.

As I get closer their conversation stops. "Hello ladies." I grin at them. Britney rolls her eyes and April sits with a straight face.

I plop down right next to April and she stiffens. God, I love the fact that I already have a sort of effect on her.

I smile down at her and she sits calmly. "Is there anyway you can help me with my math?" I ask. "What do you need help with?" She ask tucking her hair behind her ear.

"The worksheet we did yesterday." I answer. Her eyebrows furrow. "Where's it at?" And now I'm confused. "Where's the paper. I can't really help you if you don't have it." She chuckles.

"Oh Ummm it's uh." I stammer. No girl has made me stutter before. "Go away Ethan." Britney says rolling her eyes. She knows why I'm here. It's not because of math.

"I'll talk to you later." I mutter to April and give her a small wink and she doesn't say anything back as I make my way back to my table.

"Did you get her number?" Jake ask with a hopeful smile as I sit back down in my seat.

"No I didn't actually." I say dumbfounded by myself as I look over at April laughing with her new friends.

What the hell just happened?

——————
AN:

Here's a little bit of a longer chapter for you guys ;)