Chapter Fourteen

------------------------------------

 **** WARNING: This chapter contains detailed descriptions of self-harming ****

Dedication: TheGirlWhoIsDreaming for the amazing cover on the side. Thank you! :)

Recap:

Coldness seeped through my veins and I felt void of emotion. I started my car, hardly registering the fact that I should not be in a car whilst in this state. I wasn't sure of where I was going until the car had stopped. 

I looked at the front door and sighed. I felt nothing. Robotically, I removed myself from the car. Dragging my feet with my head hanging, I manuevered myself to the porch. It wasn't long before he answered, giving me the beautiful smile I loved.

"Lacey?" he asked, his smile instantly dropping. "What's wrong?"

I grabbed his shirt with my hand and tugged him towards me, my lips crushing against his. We stepped back, breathless. My eyes stared into his confused ones. I stepped closer, so there was no space left between us.

"Aiden, I love you too."

------------------------------------

Well, you could say I was a hypocrite.

It had been exactly three hours, twelve minutes and twenty four seconds since I had gone to Aiden's. Well, if Carter gets to run off with Mercedes, why can't I do the same with my own Prince Charming?

Sighing, I stared tiredly at the ceiling. Although my eyes were stinging from exhaustion, I couldn't rest. Every little thing that happened today was racing through my wired brain.

Carter saying he would sleep with my best friend again.

My grandmother dying.

Sleeping with Aiden.

I sighed, rolling to my side. I stared at his defined back. Absently, I reached out and ran my fingers down his skin. At my touch, he jolted awake. As he turned, his eyes widened. It was as though he was expecting me not to be there. My eyes darted low. I felt guilty that he thought that low of me.

What type of person was I?

"Hey," he breathed. "Are you okay?"

"No. Not really."

He wrapped an arm around my neck and drew me towards him. He pressed his lips against my forehead soothingly. I exhaled into him, relaxing at his touch.

"You don't regret it, do you?" he asked tentatively.

"No," I said softly, some of my cold exterior melting as my eyes took in his face. I reached up and ran my fingertips across his jaw. "I just regret what drove me to do it. I wish we had done it under different circumstances."

He looked guilty for a moment. He probably thought he took disadvantage of me when I was emotionally unstable. Which was kind of true, but I wanted to do it. I don't regret the action itself, because it was great. Just that I had to be hurt beyond repair to want to be with him.

"When's the funeral?"

"Two days," I replied, thinking back to the text mum sent me since I refused to answer her persistent calls. Other than Aiden, I really did not want to speak to anyone right now. I would be happy if I could cocoon myself into the blanket and wake up when this was all over.