Chapter Eight

August 26, 2016 12:45am

It was late and Jimin knew that, but Namjoon called and asked to meet at the local coffee shop down the road. When he walked into the building Jimin was hit by the scent of coffee, waffles, and cinnamon he looked around and spotted Namjoon sitting in a booth in the far back on his own with a mug in hand looking out the window "Hey." Namjoon smiled at Jimin setting his mug down "Hey so what are we doing here?" instead of sitting across the booth Jimin sat down grabbing at Namjoon's arm and placing it around his shoulders cuddling up to him just as he normally would "I just wanted to see you since you have morning classes and all." Jimin smiled and took a sip from Namjoon's coffee the taste bitter on his tongue Jimin scrunched up his nose and Namjoon laughed "what are you drinking tar." Jimin ordered his own drink that was sweet to his senses and basked in the smell of peppermint and cinnamon.

The booth in the back was filled with laughs and quiet talking from the two boys until it was time to leave; It was almost two in the morning when they finally left Jimin was buried in Namjoon's side arms wrapped around his torso as they walked back to his dorm room.

Jimin thought he heard foot steps trailing behind them but thought nothing of it until a voice broke out  "Well would you look at this." A voice emanated behind them Namjoon sped up just a little enough for Jimin to drag behind a little. "Would you look at that we have ourselves a couple of fairies." A male voice rang out. That made Namjoon stop and turn around pushing Jimin behind him the air around Jimin seemed stiff and hard to breath something Namjoon did made the two men go silent Jimin wanted to see what was doing to the men in front of him for they seemed scared "say it again I don't think I heard you." Jimin shivered at Namjoon's voice it has only been that menacing once when they were in middle school and  the older kids were pushing him down for wearing thick glasses and Namjoon stepped in and the same thing happened "N-Nothing man we were just-."one of them stuttered out "J-just what." Namjoon mocked he lounged at one of the men and they scampered away in the other direction.

Namjoon turned and faced Jimin with a sad smile on his face "Are you okay?" Jimin heaved a sigh staring off in the direction of the punks "Yeah I'm fine." Namjoon grabbed Jimin's face and gingerly brushed his hair away from his forehead leaned down and placed a cool gentle kiss where the hair used to be "Good I don't know what I would do if anything happened to you." He whispered.

"Let's go I'm tired can you carry me back?" Jimin pouted up a Namjoon knowing he couldn't say no Namjoon sighed and grabbed Jimin's chin "The things I do for you I just saved your life and now you're making me carry you." Jimin laughed while Namjoon bent down so Jimin could climb up his back and wrapped himself around him Namjoon grabbed Jimin's thighs firmly and continued his walk back to the youngers dorm.

Laying down together again for a second night in a row Jimin's legs entwined with Namjoon's and head laying on Namjoon's chest the up and down movements and slow thrum of his heartbeat lulling him to sleep Jimin wondered what Namjoon had done to make those men bothering them leave when he heard a loud thump, a key jingle, and the slamming of the door from across the hall when Namjoon spoke up "What are you doing on the thirtieth." He asked lightly dragging his nails up and down Jimin's bare thigh "Nothing why?" Jimin looked up to see the smile on Namjoon's face forming.

"You want to go to a party?"