• Chapter Eight •

Magsimula sa umpisa

One of the men broke from their intimidating stance and he shuffled into the room in an almost hesitant manner. She could practically taste the anxiousness of him, but what surprised her was the faint fear that lingered on him.

Did they fear her? 

As soon as the male moved far enough into the room with the three others remaining outside, the door was pulled closed and secured without a word, leaving the room in a deafening silence. 

She sensed the male's eyes glancing around the room before landing on her, and she swore she could feel his gaze burning a hole into her shoulder. 

He cleared his throat, and her ears barely twitched at the noise--luckily her instinct remained under control. 

"I'm not here to hurt you." 

She listened silently, refusing the hope. 

"My name is Cassius," His voice was soft, yet held an undertone of caution, "I would appreciate it if you didn't try to eat me, Darren warned me that you might lash out unexpectedly, so I'm just going to sit over here."

Her enhanced senses allowed her to pick up scents that he tried to hide. She watched his shoes move across the floor as he slowly walked over to the bed and took a seat at the foot of it. The soft squeak of the bed springs protested the action. 

"You haven't used the bed," He mused, "Its funny that you choose to rest on the floor, I would have thought you'd be tired of such actions." 

Her eyes narrowed, intensely focused on his left boot.

"Ah, so you are listening," Cassius made an amused noise, "Asher is going to owe me fifty bucks. See, we've all made bets on you, and Ralf has been winning everything, so how about you win me some of my own money, yeah?" 

She refrained from tilting her head in confusion as her gums began to ache, her fangs itching to be buried in his soft flesh. A rush of adrenaline powered its way through her body as she thought about his scarlet blood flooding her senses.

A single drop was all it took. 

"You alright?" His voice broke the trance, "You seemed like you were fighting a change of sorts, did you know that your eyes change color rapidly? Is it because of what your thinking? Or because of your wolf?" 

She slowly blinked. What? 

"Of course, you won't answer, but we'll get to that in time," He chucked, "Let's see, I'll start off with the basics since you've practically been in the dark for the past month," She felt him relaxing, "Yes, we rescued you. You are currently residing in the Aloysius Pack, we're a warrior pack that believes in the equality of all wolves. 

We've been helping wolves that other pack's reject, and so far, you are our fifth patient. Our leader, Alpha Leon, is the one that had you tracked down after Blackwood literally took you off the map. His intentions are not to hurt you, just like the rest of us. Our Beta, Asher, is a big mother, so I'd beware of him if I were you. He'd view you as a little sister, and then you're doomed," Cassius snickered at his own words before continuing, "Anyway, you probably won't meet Ralf right away, but he's our best warrior, and he's intimidating as hell. 

When you see him, please don't try to bite him because he's a rather grumpy wolf and he'll tear my head off if I fail my job. Although I don't think you can beat Ralf, even when you go rabid crazy," He sighed, "I should probably tell you about our pack healer, too. His name is Darren, he has this magnetic power that draws you to him but calms you at the same time, so don't be alarmed when you feel him. Darren is hoping that you let him take a look at your shoulder in a few days since the bandages haven't been changed in a month now.

I think those are the only people I need to tell you about--Oh, and I'm the Gamma if you didn't know," She could sense him grinning with pride, "I get to boss everyone else around when I'm super lazy or sick, its kinda cool. You'd make a good warrior once your healing is complete, I've heard the rumors about you, but I don't believe that all of you is bad." 

She carefully regarded this strange man, keeping her head on her paws, and listened to his words in a state of incertitude. He was supposed to be trying to cause her bodily harm by now, drawing blood from her body, and yet he sat on the bed and acted as though they were best friends being introduced to each other. 

He didn't seem to mind that she wasn't giving indication that she was hearing him, and he continued to tell her about his favorites foods, hobbies, and places that he would really like to visit when he found his mate. 

His chatter carried on for what seemed like hours, and she actually did zone him out at one point. She realized that he was one of the more optimistic kind, and it might prove to be impossible to get him to shut his mouth.

However, she noticed how he spoke of his pack in fond adoration, and the little things about him that she would've missed if it wasn't for her observant nature. 

His tone would slightly waver when he talked about the warriors, his lips would twitch at the corners when he mentioned hair dye, and there didn't seem to be a moment where his eyes weren't glowing with amusement. 

The air that he carried around him was the most friendliest that she'd ever experienced, and his warmth seemed to fill the entire room. She had no doubts that he could be a friend of all, and she couldn't deny that she felt slightly put off by him.

"Well, that's enough for me," Cassius made a giggling noise that reminded her of a human child, "I think I've made a good impression, considering that you haven't moved the entire time I've been in here. This is progress. Everyone will be so relieved when I tell them!" He clapped his hands together while standing up, "Thanks for listening, and not eating me, I'll see you tomorrow." 

She watched his boots moved towards the door, and he knocked two times on the metal before the noise of the bolts being withdrawn was heard. 

As the door squeaked open, she couldn't resist the urge to glance up. 

Her steely eyes met his amused green ones. 

"That's better," His entire face seemed to glow with his wide grin, "I don't take it as a challenge if our eyes meet, that's old fashioned crap, just so you know." 

She blinked, addled.

He paused in the open doorway, sending her a wink, "Your eyes are very pretty, by the way." 

And then he was gone. 

✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙

There you have it, a second impression. Is it good or bad?

I'm feeling quite ill this week, so I apologize if the writing wasn't very impressive *sheepish smile* I tried!

I'm very sorry about the confusion in the last chapter! I was writing on my friends tablet, and it kept auto-correcting names and stuff. I updated the chapter, and its all fixed now, but thank you to those of you who pointed it out!

*****Anyway, this will be the last chapter of the year, can you believe it? Time really does fly, I'll see you guys in 2018!******

Leave a comment!

(Not edited)

-- 1704 words --