Chapter Eight (Part One)- Lost In You

Kayla

I brushed off my uneasy feelings and literally stomped out of Alec's room. Class started in less than thirty minutes, and I needed to get ready.

All throughout campus I peered around all of the corners and large tree trunks looking for Alec, but I had no luck in finding him. Maybe I'll just see him in film class.

When I got to my dorm room I pushed open the door with all of the force I could muster. It hit the wall behind it, which caused Violet and Charlotte to whip their heads towards me.

"What's going on?" Violet asked me.

I shot a glare at her and threw my phone onto my bed. I went through my clothes to pick out what to wear to class while mumbling my feelings under my breath.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Charlotte look at me like I was a psychopath. I didn't blame her, by now I probably qualified as one.

My sweats were replaced with jeans and my T-shirt became a hoodie. I smiled at the outfit I picked. The hoodie was one that Jake and I made together. It was camouflage with Millertary written across it.

The bed head, that I walked all throughout campus with, became a messy bun. I said screw my contacts and put on my glasses. Today is a lazy day.

"I'm going to film class." I muttered to my roommates.

They nodded their heads, and their eyes followed me until the door clicked shut. Weirdos.

People all whispered around me, giving me strange looks. Just ignore it, ignore them. I repeated in my head. The center of attention was not something I liked being.

My face became glued to my phone so I could ignore all their stares. I had one new notification. From Jake.

Jake tagged me in a photo on Instagram. I unlocked my phone to check it out.

It was of the two of us, from when we were in high school and dating. His arm is draped across my shoulders, pressing our cheeks against one anothers. The caption read: Throwback Thursday with my girl.

The comments kept rolling in every time I refreshed the page. Some girls saying I was pretty, some saying he could do better, and some just calling me plain ugly.

Then there were the comments that asked about our relationship status. Many girls commenting that they "shipped" us together. Some even started following me.

He called me his girl. That was the only thought that processed in my head. A smile came to my face, but then disappeared as soon as it came.

I commented on the photo saying I miss you Jake. There wasn't much thought put into the comment, I figured he wouldn't see it anyways.

In a matter of seconds all these comments came in saying how cute that was, even though I meant it in a friendly way. My eyes involuntarily rolled.

My phone was locked and placed back into my pocket as I walked into class. "Hello Kayla." Mrs. Johnson greeted me.

"Hi." I said flatly, taking my seat. From my seat I could feel her frowning at me, but I didn't dare to look up at her.

She talked a little bit about our trip to Paris coming up in a couple of months. I was so excited to get to go out of the country for the first time. Especially to a place like Paris.

Plus, since it wasn't until after Violet would give birth, I would get to see the baby. I wasn't one of those girls who freaked out over baby's and demanded to hold them. They actually scared me a little bit. Just the thought of holding someone, and if you make one mistake, like drop them or hold them the wrong way, you would be responsible for their injury. Let's just say Kayla is not babysitting material for any child that can't walk yet.