Chapter 16| Beautiful

A/n: I'm backkkkk💕 Sorry if updates are slow, hope you understand. Anyway don't forget to vote and comment. (If you comment throughout I'll follow you and spam you😉)

~

Night before

Killian POV:
It had been a few days since Emma was sick. She spent an extra day off of school before she came back but what I didn't want her to know was that I was sick as well but seeing Emma today definitely made my day better.

My phone began to buzz in my pocket. "Hello" I asked as I placed it to my ear. "Little brother," oh great, here we go. "I was just wondering if I could come around for dinner and I was wondering if I could bring someone, just you know? Have a little catch up. What do you say?" He said loudly. "Er-er well I'm actually sic-" I explained. "Come on brother, I haven't seen you in weeks" He wined like a little child. "Ugh Fine, whatever Liam. Just don't expect some gourmet meal or anything." I replied grumpily. What am I going to do? And who is this person he's bringing over for a 'catch up'.

I glanced at the clock and I panicked when I saw that it read 5pm. I had under an hour to prepare something. I hastily ran around the kitchen trying to find some spaghetti when my phone buzzed again. I looked down and saw it was a FaceTime call from Emma. I smiled instantly and pressed the green button. "Hey" she echoed slightly. "Hello Love" i said as I blew her a quick kiss. "What ya doingggg?" She dragged out in an adorable baby voice. I stopped for a minute and turned to the screen again. "My brother. He's coming over for dinner. The idiot literally told me 5 minuets ago so now I'm in a rush." I sighed but it soon turned to a smile when I saw that she was smiling. "Well... if your rushed cooking is as any good as you normal cooking, then I'm sure it will be amazing as always." She expressed happily. "What made my Swan in such a joyous mood?" I smirked. I could hear her giggle to herself before she turned back to me. "I just missed seeing you these past few days, can't a girl miss seeing her favourite boyfriend?" She jokes as she nervously touched her hair, clearly still not used to the term 'boyfriend'. "Hmm well, I need to get cooking, so you don't mind if I stand my phone up whilst I talk and cook do you?" I laughed. "No of course not! Go ahead, you have a meal to cook." She replied sweetly before I placed her against the toaster. I began to boil the water and cook the pasta whilst I prepared the carbonara sauce which was easy. "So, hows your day been, sorry I couldn't see you at lunch. I didn't want to leave or make Ruby suspicious." She said. "Er- not too interesting. Kids just being, well, kids." I sighed, today had been a long day without my Swan. "Well, I'll come see you tomorrow if you want" She asked. "I would love that" I slightly smiled.

Suddenly there were 3 knocked on the door. "I've got to go love, I'll text you later" I said quietly before blowing a kiss. "Bye, good luck sweet" She chimed before hanging up.

I sighed heavily and answered the door. "Brother!" He exclaimed, "Who was that you were talking to?" He asked casually, but I was frozen. All I could focus on was the woman behind him. I was static, my mouth was wide and it felt as if I had just been punched in the gut.

"L-Liam, w-why is she here." I whispered angrily, but he didn't reply. "Answer me!" I raised my voice. He glanced back with a stupid grin. "What, Oh! You mean Milah. Oh well I ran into her in New York the other day and I thought I would invite her back for a day or two. Is that alright brother?" He asked cockily. "No it isn't bloody alright, she's my ex!" I gritted once again. "Ah well brother, at least we can all catch up, can't we Milah?" He ignored my face and patted me on the shoulder as he walked into my apartment. "I brought the wine" She chirped up as she waved the bottle in my face.

I looked at her dead in the eyes, she knew what she was doing. She knew how I was after the breakup and she knew she was silently torturing me. "Oh come on Killian, Liam told me what happened, it was years ago. Come one!" She said happily as she dragged me back inside.