Chapter 11| Our weekly study sessions

Comment throughout the chapter, it's a long chapter and I'd love to know your first thoughts. Don't forget to vote. Love you all😉💕

Emma POV:
Things were still awkward between me and Mr Jones but I had to get over him. I couldn't keep dwelling on the fact that we kissed, but we did. This kiss kept spinning around and around in my head and wouldn't stop. Just the way his soft lips pushed against mine and the way he cupped my waist, just for that second. Just for that one second kiss...

I bush away my thoughts rapidly as I walk into the afternoon study session. Yes, after everything, I still have to attend. It's a blessing and a curse really. Even though I'm doing my upmost bet to try and avoid him, I also don't mind spending time with him (at a far proximity of course).

I drag my way through the door and I'm once again met with his icy gaze. I peruse forward but he steps in front of me, towering over me. He quickly glances back before turning back around. He looks into my eyes again before my heart soars. I feel my cheeks burn red before I feel his hand hesitantly grab mine. I freeze. The recently gone lump in my throat has now returned and I'm struggling to breathe.

Our hands weren't really interlocked. Our pinkie fingers are tied together whilst the rest of our fingers move freely, our knuckles brushing. I shouldn't be doing this, I shouldn't be doing this!

He dips down and for a moment; I stop breathing completely. Is he going to kiss me?! But he dips down so that his lips fan over my ear, his hot breathe sending a sudden chill down my spine. "Please, can we talk love" He whispers, a sad, begging tone in his voice. Guilt. Now I feel even more guilty. But I can't let my wall down for him, not now. I take a step back, reading his expression. "Later" I mumble before pushing pass his shoulder and taking the only seat available, next to Neal.

I glance back to see his jaw tight and his eyes glossy. Don't pity him Emma! But I can't. The look of sadness deep within him is killing me. Forget about him Emma! The devil and the angel scream in my head before I suddenly tear.

I forcefully stand up with tears stinging in my eyes. I glance around the room until I'm met with his icy gaze once again. "Um-Emma, are you okay?" Mr Jones asked worriedly, anger climbing through his words. I turn back around and see everyone staring at me. Do I leave or do I stay? My cheeks begin to burn red and I feel my hands become clammy. Leave, just leave! "Oh-uh. Y-yeah s-s-Sorry" I stuttered, causing the few people in the room to giggle.

I fall back into my seat. In that exact moment Mr Jones' strict voice bellows throughout the room. "Thankyou for coming this evening. I have a lot of grading to do but here are some worksheets. If you need help, just ask. I'm really sorry and I know I should be teaching but things crop up which prevent me from doing that." He gritted through his teeth, sending me a sharp stare. Seriously?

I sigh heavily, making sure he hears it clearly. His brows stitch together before he quickly walked out of the door to go and do whatever. Me and the 5 other students all exchanged a confused glance. So, we arrive at an after school study session, but the teacher isn't actually going to teach us... putting all recent matters aside, this is annoying because I could literally be sat at home eating popcorn and milk duds for all I know! But no. He's too pissed at me to even think about the 5 other people in this room.

Whilst Mr Jones is out, Neal becomes very clingy. At first it was general small talk but then it escalated quickly. It started with him just touching my arm, then the small of my back. Then moments before Mr Jones came in, Neal gripped his hand on my upper thigh. I froze. Mr Jones walked in and I silently was praying that he would notice but instead the ignored any eye contact with me. He placed his mug of coffee down and sat at his desk. He was looking down at some papers on his desk when I felt physical sickness arise in my throat when Neal's hand stroked further up. At this moment I couldn't take the pathetic torture anymore. Now for plan B.