Ch 16--The Morning After

Start from the beginning

    They sat next to each other on the stools and Cynthia set a plate of toast and eggs in front of them.

    "Where's Zoe?" She asked.

    Connor scowled.

    "She's coming."

    And then she appeared in the doorway, still chuckling. 

    Zoe kept giving them sly looks all morning, but didn't say anything. Cynthia was confused, but she just assumed it was a weird kid thing and ignored it. They argued enough without her provoking them.

    After an uneventful breakfast, Connor and Evan got up to get ready for school.

    "I should probably text my mom..." Evan said when they got up the stairs and stood on the landing. He was feeling really guilty that he hadn't even let her know he was all right last night.

    Connor sighed, also feeling guilty for lying to Evan.

    "I have to tell you something...I sorta...texted her last night..." Connor said, looking at Evan. He hoped his friend wouldn't be mad. "She texted like a million times and I wasn't going to look, I swear, but you were in the bathroom and I wanted to make sure everything was okay and she just seemed so worried, so I sent a text and then deleted it before you came back." He hung his head. "I'm sorry, Evan, I shouldn't have done that."

    Evan just sighed.

    "No, I'm kind of glad you did. I just wish you'd told me, then maybe I would have slept easier." he chuckled. Connor rolled his eyes.

    "Hey, you seemed to have no problem once you came to my room." he teased, moving closer to Evan. Evan blushed.

    "Neither did you. You forced me into your bed, then hugged me the entire night!"

    It was Connor's turn to blush.

    "Well, whatever. You didn't push me off or anything."

    The boys stood close to each other, looking into each other's eyes. Evan was really hoping Connor would lean forward and just kiss him. He was too nervous. Connor put his hands on Evan's shoulder and backed him against the wall. Right when their lips were about to meet, they heard a thud from around the corner as Zoe fell on the floor.

    "ZOE!" Connor shrieked.

    She laughed.

    "Hello, brother. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. It just seemed like the perfect moment for some blackmail. Until you decided to move into the corner so I couldn't see you anymore." Zoe stood and crossed her arms, scowling at Connor like it was his fault or something.

    "I hate you so much." Connor grabbed Evan's hand and pulled him into his room. He heard the clicking of a camera and turned around, racing to snag Zoe's phone. The second he got close, she shoved it down her shirt, stopping Connor short.

    He groaned, disgusted and walked away while she laughed triumphantly, heading to her own room to get ready.

    When Connor entered his room, Evan was pacing the floor anxiously.

    "Ev, what's wrong?"

    Evan stopped and looked up at him.

    "N-nothing." he stuttered, trying not to meet Connor's eyes.

    "I know you're lying, Evan, because you don't stutter around me unless you are lying." Connor walked up in front of him, and Evan looked at him, heart stopping in his chest.

    "I also stutter w-when I'm n-nervous." Evan said breathily.

    "Is that so?" Connor tilted his head.

    Evan nodded.

    "And...it just so happens, you m-make me really nervous."

    Connor's gaze flickered to Evan's lips, then back to his eyes.

    "Is that so?"

    "C-Connor..." Evan whispered.

    Connor leaned forward and pressed his lips to Evan's. He pulled back after a moment to make sure Evan was okay, and took Evan closing the distance as confirmation he wanted it as much as Connor did.

    Evan's arms went around Connor's neck and Connor put his hands on Evan's waist.

    They pulled away after a few moments and both were breathless.

    "Wow." was all Connor could say.

    "S-so...what does this mean?" Evan asked, still enjoying being in Connor's arms. Connor shrugged.

    "What do you want it to mean?" He asked. Please let it be date me. Please don't say just friends...

    "Well...I d-don't know..." Evan frowned. "Darn stutter."

    Connor smiled.

    "You're so cute."

    Evan blushed like mad, giving Connor a small smile. Reluctantly he pulled himself away from Connor's grasp so he could think.

    "Uhm...maybe...we could try it out?"

    "Being a couple?" Connor dared to hope.

    Evan looked at him, face blank and Connor's heart stopped.

    Then Evan nodded shyly.

    "Yeah." he whispered. "Why not?"

Connor grinned. Even in his dreams he'd hardly dared believe Evan would feel the same as he did.

    "But...but I've been terrible to you." Connor hid his face and turned away from Evan, suddenly ashamed at how much of a dick he'd been. "I messed up."

    Evan hesitated before taking a step towards his new boyfriend. He picked Connor's hand up and held it in his. Connor looked at their intertwined fingers.

    "We all make mistakes, Connor. Let's forget about all that and just...move forward."

    Connor had no idea what he did to deserve someone like Evan. He definitely didn't deserve him, but when Evan smiled at him, he couldn't help but smile back. He pushed his other emotions to the side. He'd deal with them later.

    Right now, he had the most perfect boyfriend to take to school.

**

So what do you think? They're finally making strides in their relationship (sorry I'm crap at writing romantic scenes like that but I tried). I hope everyone enjoyed it (because it won't last long) what? Sorry... I got big plans for this book, I'll try to post again on Sunday. :)

Have a wonderful day!

~Hamilfan123987