Chapter 14

*Jhansi's POV*

"Ishi!" I called out to him as he was justpassing by my room. He turned on his heels and gave me a brighter smile. 

"Yes bhabi?" Damn! Bhabi?!

 "Ishi sweetie, your Abhi dada and I are not marriedyet." I reasoned but he just waved it off like it doesn't matter at all. 

"Come on bhabi! I'm pretty sure that you'll likehim!" Yeah! Me liking that chauvinistic, arrogant bastard! I took a deepbreath to control myself. I soo don't want to vent all my anger on poor Ishi.He helped me a lot during ny stay and the least I can do is by being civic withhim. 

"Whatever, I called you as I need your phone. I haveto call my mom and those police officials took my phone for securityreasons." I said and he nodded while fishing his phone out of his pockets.He handed his phone to me making my lips curl into a smile. 

"Thank you soo much Ishi! You were a very greatsupport while I'm here." I said and he rolled his eyes. 

"Arey bhabi! For such a small thing you need not saysuch big words. You are going to my cousin's wife, that mean you'd be like amother figure to me." I felt a wave of guilt passing through my veins atwhat he said. What if I really run away? Oh god! I need to stop thinkingotherwise... No! I'm selfish and I will be selfish! 

"Okay." I said.

 "Go in your room and talk. I'll wait outside foryou." He said and I walked into my room and closed the door to my room. Iplopped down on the bed and unlocked the screen of his phone. My fingers ranacross the keypad until I dialed the all familiar number. My hands shivered just at the thought of dialing thisperson. I don't know what to face but I'm sure that I'll have to do this quick.

 "Hello?" Her tired voice answered right then andI took a huge breath of air. 

"Mom, it's me, Jhansi." I said and there iscomplete silence on the other line. 

"Jh-Jhansi?" Mom stuttred and I just hmmed inresponse. 

"Where the hell were you?! Do you know how worried Iwas?!" She yelled and I put my phone away from my ear to reduce theintensity. 

"Mom-" "No! Don't talk in between!" She yelled and kepton ranting and crying all at the same time. I sometimes wonder if she really isa doctor.

 "How can those idiot tell me that you died in a shootout? No-one knows what all I went through." She said and I sighed. 

"I'm sorry mom but don't worry, I'm safe." I saidand she just hmmed. 

"Come home, I'll kill you with my bare hands!"She yelled and I chuckled at that. I just love this woman a lot! 

"I love you, ma." I said and the line fell quietagain.

 "Where are you?" She asked with a much calmertone.

 "I'm at a small village near Dispur."

 "Dispur? As in Assam? What are you doing there?"She asked and I sighed. 

"Long story, I'll explain everything in detailed toyou when I come there. I'm catching a flight to Hyderabad from Gwahathi,tomorrow." I said and she just hmmed. The best thing about my mother isthat she doesn't stress when I need my space.

 "Okay then, I'll come to pick you up atShamshabad." She said and I hmmed in reply. 

"Ma?" I called out to her for which she repliedwith a yes. 

"What if I tell you that I like a guy?" I askedpraying deep within that she's say yes. 

"Really? Which guy? Is he from our cast andreligion?" Oh god!