Chapter 6

####READ AUTHOR NOTE AT THE END####

*Jhansi's POV*

"Okay, okay fine!" I said, raising my hands in surrender "I won't laugh now."

Again, I burst out laughing, Rajesh growled in frustration and started walking towards the entrance of the temple. Ajay quickly came out of the temple and whispered something to Rajesh who now had a pained expression. What's going on?

Ajay was talking to Veeram ji, as Rajesh approached me.

"What happened?" I asked worriedly. But he muttered some incoherent words. I turned my head slightly to see that Veeram ji ordered a boy to bring something. I took a deep breath and took Rajesh's hand in my own "Calm down, calm down, take a deep breath like this" I took a deep breath "Come on take, inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale"

After calming down Rajesh said "They are here."

"What do you mean by 'they'?" I asked as I turned around to see that all the people are gone except us.

"We need to get out of here, the murderers sent his gang, there is a small house hidden in the forest on the backside of the temp-"

"So look who are here? I thought it was going to be difficult to catch these punks. But looks like they have surrendered. Guys catch them." A person wearing a mask said.

"Shit. Run!" Rajesh said and started running towards the backside of the temple pulling me with him. They started running towards us. "I don't want to fight. I promised her that I won't fight, God please help me" he muttered to himself.

"Do you know the route to that house?" I whispered.

"Yeah, Ajay showed me the path in case we were caught" He took his hand from mine and turned "Thank God they lost us, come on we need to hurry" he said and started running, I was tired as hell after running but surprisingly Rajesh didn't look tired. After carrying me and climbing 300 stairs, then running at least 2 kilometers, he is not even breathing heavily.

"Wait!" I said as I bent down touching my knees, I was breathless. After a minute or two I looked up only to find that Rajesh was missing. "Shoot! Where did he go?" I turned around in hope to see him anywhere, I couldn't. I stood there helplessly, what should I do?

To say that I am scared is an understatement. At this moment, every person would think either about his family or God, but... But I was thinking about the person whom I didn't even know about 1 week ago.

Rajesh!

Just when I was about to lose hope, there he stood the last person I wanted to see. I took two steps away from him "Guys come here, one is here, I think other is somewhere near too" I started running away from that masked guy. I ran and ran but couldn't lose them they were behind him. I kept running at least 20 minutes. Only if I didn't go there that night. Only if I didn't see that brutal murder. Only if I didn't ag...

Wait, is he Rajesh? I quickly started running towards him but he was gesturing me not to. But why? I gestured him why, but he didn't say anything but disappeared. Ho... how could he leave me like that? I knew that he was cocky and arrogant, but I didn't know that he was a coward. And here I was, thinking that he was the only one who could save my life. I felt like it was a waste of time running away from them after ten minutes. When I am going to die eventually then why am I running?

I stopped running and turned to see that only that masked faced guy was following me.

"Tired huh?" he asked smirking. I didn't say anything. He came closer, but I didn't back away. I just stood there emotionless, he caught my upper arm started to drag me with him. "Guys, what happened to you all?"