Chapter 13

*Rajesh Pov*

"Hey!" I heard the voice and sighed, hearing my 'friend' calling me and turned to see Jhansi walking near to me smiling.

"What are you doing?" she asked, sitting beside me.

"I am trying to think of a way to leave from here. And for that we need the culprits to be caught. I don't think the police will be able to do that." I replied and her face fell.

"Yeah! But for us to go out there and catch them is difficult when we don't know who they are." She added and I nodded after which she laid her head on my shoulder.

It's been two weeks since I stupidly asked her we will be friends and she accepted. After that we both started spending time with her being herself and not closed off.

I mumble some curses from time to time for torturing myself like this, but then feel happy at least like this she is with me. But she will leave after everything gets solved, right?

That thought made me move my hand and hold her waist before pulling her to me and she stiffened by my action. I thought she will hit me or scold me, but she snuggled more making me smile.

"Rajesh! Why is your family making plans to marry you off to Kaveri?" she asked after a few seconds.

Yes! I was able to tell her about the family and how I left it back, but not the reason and she didn't press. And this Kaveri stays in the neighboring house who is being thrown at my face all the time.

I opened my mouth to reply, but glanced at her face to see her irritation. I raised my eyebrow when suddenly a thought entered my head.

Is she jealous? Well, then this is the chance to grasp it and make her voice out her real feelings for me.

"Well, that's what family does. And she is such a sweet girl." I mumbled and immediately saw her facial expression froze.

"What?" she asked in a whisper.

"Yeah! And I am thinking to give it a chance." I added and she moved a little to stare at me.

"Two weeks back you were saying something else and now..." she trailed off, shaking her head and looked away.

"What do you think of her? You are my friend, right? Give me your opinion." I stressed, but she just stood up before I can stop her.

"What about our marriage?" she asked, looking at me.

"Or fake marriage?" I asked back, letting the anger rule, remembering her words all those weeks back.

When she didn't say anything, I turned away and started walking, but her words, 'I like you!' stopped me.

I felt elated but then frowned, thinking what if after a few days she will say she doesn't like me anymore. No! I need the full impact not just a likeness.

"I like you too, as a friend." I said and turned to see her staring at me frowning.

"I like you more than as a friend." She mumbled after taking a deep breath.

I really want to rush near her and hug her tightly, but knowing well, there is a chance of her pushing me away after a few days stopped me.

"I am sure the impulse will leave you soon enough.Now, I need to go and meet Kaveri." I mumbled and waited for her one more confession but realized I again estimated wrongly because she took a deep breath.