Chapter 12

*Jhanvi Pov*

"Come here Princess!" I heard dad yell from the garden. I shook my head and ran away from him.

"Sweetheart, you have to go!" He said but I still went and hid behind the tree like I always do. I soo don't want to go there! Everyone hates me there!

"Sweetheart?" Dad called but I still remained still. I peaked out of my hiding spot to know where he is.

He is nowhere in sight. I sighed as he isn't around.

"Boo!" Someone yelled and I held my heart as the sound was sudden.

I sighed as it was just my dad. He lifted me off my feet and I giggled at that. He laughed along with me.

"You caught me!" I shrieked and he nodded.

"I did darling." He laughed again and kissed my cheek.

"Now, how about ice-cream after you football class?" My face fell at that thought. Ice-cream is what I want but without football.

"I don't want to go! All the boys are throwing the ball on my face! They don't like me at all!" I whined but dad just smiled.

"Darling, what are you to me?" He asked and I sighed.

"Your princess." I answered.

"And what are princess supposed to be like?" He asked and I sighed again.

"They should be brave and strong enough to save their kingdoms." I answered and he nodded.

"So, aren't you brave enough to deal with those boys?"

"I am!" I answered and he chuckled again.

"So, let's go to the ground and prove to your coach and those boys that your too brave for anyone to handel!"

My eyes snapped open and I sighed in relief that it was a dream, just a dream of the most haunting moments of my life. I don't even know why, but I end up getting this memory as my dream. It was a ten year old me. The time I never wanted to go back to. Beautiful moments which ended with a tragic ending.

Sweat cover my entire body and my breathing seemed to be out of control. I closed my eyes for a moment to control my breathing. After I'm sure that my breathing is under control, I opened my eyes.

My throat felt dry and I eyed my surroundings for any hint of water. A glass of water is placed right on the nightstand beside the bed. I took it and drained it in one go. I soo don't want the same dream again. It remained me soo much of the man who loved my mother and me endless.

I wiped my face with my hands and took a huge breath in as my sanity seemed to enter into my mind again. I eyed my surroundings and tried to recollect how I ended up here.

The last I remember was the goons surrounding me and spraying chloroform onto my face. They abducted me and I let them. This is all because of my resolve. I once decided never to rely on anyone for anything but I did the mistake again.

I relied on Rajesh and that weakened me.

I opened up my emotional side for him and I don't even know why. Even before being abducted, I wished for him to be around. How pathetic of me?

This is not me, my father wanted me to be brave. He wanted me to be strong and take care of my mother in his absence.

I wasn't me when Rajesh is around. I don't even want to think about that. The past few days are different and these coming days would obviously be different. I walked to the door as I know that the abductors aren't the murders trying to kill us. Those men would shoot me on the spot but not abduct me.