"Thanks Rosie", I smile at her before walking outside the diner.

What's her problem? I mean, okay, it's my birthday, but do you really think I'm gonna do stuff?

Wait...

I can't go home, I don't have transport.

Ugh.

When I'm outside I see Shawn making out with a girl that got some fake ass hair extensions in her hair.

And I thought that it couldn't get worse.

He notices me and almost push the girl away.

"Hey Court", he says before wiping his lips off at the sleeve of his gray hoodie. "What are you doing here?", I ask a little annoyed, "I thought you had training?"

"I wanted to surprise you for your birthday."

Omg he hasn't forget it!

"Wait, I thought we were doing some fun stuff tonight?", the fake ass girl asks confused. "Go search for another guy to get with you in bed, I told you I was waiting for my friend. So leave", he says annoyed. The girl looks angry at me, but then leaves.

Damn, wasn't that a little harsh?

"So are you coming?", he asks as he signs towards his car.

"What are we gonna do?"

"If I would tell you, it wouldn't be a surprise, dumbass."

I roll with my eyes and he grabs me by my hand. He pulls me in to the car.

"And now?", I ask playful. He pulls out a bandana out of nowhere and tells: "Now I'm gonna blindfold you."

"How am I sure that I can trust you?"

"You have to make that decision."

I look at him and then at the bandana.

Ah, why not. I have nothing to lose. And I take the bandana out of his hand and blindfold myself.

"Now happy?", I ask as I can't see anything in front of me.

"Yup.", and he starts to drive...

After 10 minutes driving he stops his car.

"Can I put out the bandana now?"

"Not yet."

He grabs my hand and leads me to a place. But I can't see something because I'm still blindfolded! Then we stop. I hear water... Where are we?

"Okay, you can watch."

I put the bandana out and can't believe my eyes...

There's a picnic blanket on the ground with food, some fairy lights around it and it's next to a lake. Because it's already dark, there's a sky full of stars above us.

It's so beautiful that it's almost magical...

"Why?", I ask him wondered still watching the water of the lake moving around.

"You're 16 now. I want to give you something special."

"You did this all for me?", I ask and I face him.

"No for the pope. Of course for you you dumbass! Who else!?"

"Shut up Mendes and let's eat.''

He laughs and we both sit on the blanket. We talk for a while till he starts about a real sensitive subject...

"And how's it with your mom?"

"M..my m..mom?", I ask and my throat already feels dry by only thinking about it.

"Yes, you never talk about her. Even when we were kids you never told me anything about her."

"How can I talk about someone I never met in my life", I shrug calm and soft at him.

He looks me in the eyes and doesn't break the eye contact.

"Sorry, I..I didn't know that... You don't have to talk about if you don't want to."

"Thanks", I simply say and it's quite for a moment. I just look at the stars above us and wonder if she would be watching right now.

"They are beautiful, don't you think?", I ask him without moving my face from the sky.

"What?"

"The stars, they just take my breath away."

"The stars are nothing compared to your eyes."

I look at my side and see that he's staring at me with his brown eyes. It's like he's looking into my soul. We just stare at each other and I feel that he is slowly taking my breath away.

Wait...

No.

You can't fall for him...

But you already did...

I look away and quickly look back at the stars. After we're finished with eating and talking, we go back to his car cause it's already pretty late.

When we're in the car he turns the radio on, but the volume low, and he starts driving.

"Thanks for this present."

"Everything for my best friend", he smiles before starting the motor

Why does my heart feel like breaking when he says best friends...

No, okay!

Courtney realise, he's a fuckboy and he'll never change! He's gonna break your heart, and then you'll regret everything. I mean, you saw him kissing with the girl! It's all just a fucking trick!

But what if I want to take the risk?

I look at him and he's focused on the road.

You can get better then this piece of shit.

Can I?

A/n: My vacation is starting today🙃. Aka more updates🤗