◽️10◽️

▪️Third Person Point of View▪️

The small crystalline droplets of rain crashed onto the window, quickly disappearing as they slipped down only leaving behind a plethora of little streaks on the once spotless glass. Just like how the droplets of water soon disappeared after the sun rose and warmed the earth leaving only the stained glass behind, so did Ji Su's tears eventually dry up and disappear, the sadness only leaving stains on her broken heart. She glued her broken self-back together and took a new outlook on life. She had to leave him behind in order to continue living.

It was the only way...

Five months.

Ji Su and Jinie had left Jin and their fictitious happy family about five months ago. Ji Su felt a sense of relief since she had liberated herself from her failing and toxic marriage to Jin. Having left his side finally allowed her to breathe and think straight. Being away allowed her to realize how damaging and broken her marriage was with Jin. It had been sweet and enchanting at first, but that honeymoon faze was short lived. The differences between them became more and more evident as time went by. Jin's priority became his work, and Ji Su priority strayed away from her work and became her family. They just weren't a good fit for one another ... anymore.

Although five months had passed since she witnessed such a gruesome scene, she still felt broken and betrayed. How could Jin have done this to her? Her life had revolved around him. He was her world, her other half, her everything, yet he had thrown it all away so easily.

Being deceived by the one man she thought unconditionally loved her caused her blissful world to come crumbling down. She felt like she had lost it all. Her marriage had been a lie, his love had been a lie, all of it had been one big lie. The pain that befell her frail and broken heart after seeing Jin that day threatened to destroy her, it crippled her and kept her from thinking rationally. However, when she reached Jinie and held her securely in her arms she realized she still had her babies to fight for.

That day the only escape, from the pain that was consuming her, she saw plausible was leaving. So that is what she did, she left. Being away from it all helped her sort out her feelings. As the days passed and her belly grew, the unceasing pain she felt diminished little by little. Her life now revolved entirely around her Jinie and the baby growing in her belly.

Ji Su was now six months pregnant. No one knew she was expecting a baby, with the exception of one person. Not Jin, not her friends, not even her parents knew about the baby on the way and she wanted to keep it that way until she finally felt at peace with the whole situation. She didn't want to be forced to go back to her broken marriage and raise her children in that damaging atmosphere.

Jinie was now a year and a half old. She had grown so much and gotten even more beautiful since their departure. Jinie had always been attached to Jin, but she had grown accustomed to not have him around, thus leaving home didn't affect her much. She occasionally asked to see her dad and Ji Su would tell her that her dad was busy with work, but she would show her videos of her dad, so she wouldn't forget him. Although Jin seemed to have never cared about them, he was still Jinie's dad.

Ji Su knew she couldn't avoid Jin forever, but she wanted to have time to clear her head and decide what she wanted from life. She knew that if she went back her wounds would reopen and the unbearable pain she had suppressed would once again take possession of her. Seeing him, even in interviews, caused her to relive that wretched moment. She can't forgive him for having done that to them.

Seeing Jin in videos and interviews only hurt and confused her further. He looked so tired and soulless. The light that shone in his eyes, the smile that made her heart beat faster, and his happy aura were not there. He didn't deserve to feel sad that they were gone. He hadn't valued them when they were at his side, so what right did he have to miss them now?