Chapter 10; Kim Seokjin

I know. I know what I'm doing is wrong and daddy will be so mad when he catches me but I'm so bored and there's nothing to do. I'm going to do it. I'm going down into the basement.
      I know where daddy keeps the key so I sneak into his room and take it before stepping barefoot in front of the forbidden door. Feeling like a very bad boy, I stick the key in and turn the lock. The stairs down are dark and a strong smell emanates from down below.

     I flip the light switch on the wall and the stairs are lit up

I flip the light switch on the wall and the stairs are lit up. I vaguely remember daddy taking me here my first night here. It was cold. Ice cold.
Ignoring the sickening inside my stomach, I begin the slow decline to the basement. It's silent and I wonder if daddy as already gotten rid of the screaming woman from the other night. Bravely, I make it to the ground floor, flinching when the cold settles into my bare feet.
Chills go down my spine as I walk around the spacious room. It looks empty. Most of the floor is covered in plastic. Red splatters here and there that I avoid stepping in. The deeper in I go the more it smells rusty and metallic.
I pause when I see a door in the corner of the room. It's locked from the outside by a dead bolt. Biting my lip, nervously, I creep over to it and press my palm against the cold metal. As I stand in complete silence, a sound penetrates my senses. A quiet sobbing sound?
Curiosity consumes me and before I know it, my fingers are sliding the bead bolt free and the door is pulled open to reveal a dirty, naked young woman. Dried blood and marks cover her shivering body as tears rub down her cheeks. I stare down at her numbly without expression.
Her wide watery eyes stare up at me. She flinches in terror and she falls back again the rough brick wall. "P-please don't hurt me!" She whimpers.
     She looks just like eomma. The last time I saw her. Weak and afraid. Twitching slightly, I step forward and notice her ankle bruised and chained to the bedding.
     "Are you uncomfortable?" I ask softly in a small voice. Compassion hitting me.
     She stares at me in surprise before nodding meekly. "C-can you please loosen it? I won't run, I swear!" She cries.
     I chew on my lip, debating. Daddy would be really mad if he knew I was down here especially if I let her loose. She might hurt him the next time he comes down...
     But her wide teary eyes get to me. "Ok but you can't leave." I stress as I use the same key to unlock her binds.
      As soon as she's released, though, she pushes me hard against the wall and runs out of the small room. No!
     "S-stop!" I scream and run after her. Daddy will be so mad if she escapes! "No!"
      "Get away from me! You're sick just like him! I hope you die!" She screams and starts hitting me when I grab her arm to pull her to a stop. Panic consumes me as she kicks me and breaks free. Seeing no other option, I tackle her to the ground right at the foot of the stairs, making her head hit hard on the concrete steps.

     She stops moving under me and blood begins to pool under us

     She stops moving under me and blood begins to pool under us. I scramble to my feet and hesitantly turn her over. Her eyes are wide open and staring ahead, glazed. Her lips are blue and her body is pale-more pale than before.
     I blink as a hazy calm comes over me kick into gear. Wiping away my tears, I grab her legs and begin dragging her body back to the small room. A large blood trail follows us as I use all my strength to pull her the few steps more to the soiled bedding. I prop her up the way I found her, getting blood all over me as her head drops forward.
     Sucking in a deep breath, I close the door and lock it up right before collapsing and sliding down the cold metal to my butt. My pants are now soaked with blood as well as my hands.
      Daddy is going to kill me. He's going to be so mad. At least the floor is covered in plastic. I get the reasoning now. Makes more sense. Daddy likes things neat and clean.
     Eventually I decide to get to my feet to hide the proof of my trespassing. Maybe he'll think she did it to herself. Maybe...
     I trudge slowly to the stairs but freeze as I look up to see the looming shadow of daddy staring down at me disapprovingly. Swallowing hard, I step back and my shoulders slump. Caught red handed. Literally.

     With my lips trembling-not caring about the repercussions-I run into his arms and bury my head in his chest, sobbing

     With my lips trembling-not caring about the repercussions-I run into his arms and bury my head in his chest, sobbing. His hand strokes my hair rigidly.
     "Jin-ah....what have you done?"