~ Chapter 21 ~

Arata pursed his lips in worry, a frown on his face and his mood somewhat downsized without the blunt female. His friends were in somewhat the same position, but they didn't understand the danger that she could possibly be in like Arata did. When she had left in a hurry, making an excuse that she felt sick and was going to the nurse's office, it was clear to him and the teachers that something was wrong.

For one, that excuse was a signal for anyone that something had gone wrong within the castle grounds, and as a result, she needed to leave quickly. It was an excuse only to be used in class when she was in class for emergency purposes.

He wanted to follow her, to see what was going on within his own home and hope that he could've helped in some way. However, he couldn't no matter how much he wanted to. As far as he knew, he would've only been deadweight to her, an extra toy for her to protect.

Though, that didn't mean he still didn't want to go. He had no idea why, but he felt like he should be there. For the place he lived in, it was his home. It was the center of the Kingdom he was more or less likely to rule in the years to come. It was the place that he had learnt the most at. He couldn't just wait and sit to hear word of his home.

He felt like he needed to protect it.

His eyes flickered with life and confusion with his thoughts. 

Protect...? But I... 

He shook his head. 

I can't protect anything, not like how I am now...

He could already hear the voices of the guards and Noriko telling him that it was reckless, stupid and overall, the worst thing he could've done. So, he decided to be a good prince - and student - and finish the day at school. 

Though, he still couldn't help think that something was wrong.

---

Noriko landed at the front doors of the castle, clawing the doors open and flying around like a man woman in search of her children. Though, that exaggeration wasn't far from what she was doing.

I need to find the princes... she thought.

She swung open one of the doors, but found no one behind it.

Where the heck are they? 

Then, she remembered the order she had given Yoshi, the one to tell the other guards to get the Royal family to safety. She mentally face palmed at her forgetfulness, and flew out of the castle quickly.

I'm such an idiot.

She flew high into the sky, deciding that searching blindly would only waste time. She would've tried to sense the Military Force members Tamer powers if they were fighting, but her sensory skills weren't all that great. At best, she could only sense powerful beings such as the Commanders. She was only left with her vision if she wanted to find the Royal Family and the guards that should be protecting them from danger.

Her eyes skimmed over the forest, searching for a herd of people to be clustered together and more or less, trying to keep everything calm. She spotted them in a clearing, a familiar figure fighting against an air-type creature and unfortunately, was losing miserably.

Lieutenant Sakura? 

Recognising the figure, she flew down like a missile and tackled the vampire to the ground.

"Head Commander Noriko!"

Noriko didn't dare take her eyes off her enemy, ready to shed some blood from the creature that lay below her. She knew the dangers of letting the enemy off her sight from the last battle she had with an abnormal vampire, and if she was not mistaken, she didn't want to die yet.