~ Chapter 6 ~

The prince stared at the ceiling hovering above him, his heterochromia eyes glaring into it and his hands tucked behind his head. His fingers tapping lightly on his head in pure annoyance, and eventually, he turned onto his side to use his arm as a pillow. He slammed his eyes shut, hoping that sleep would come to him.

However, the thoughts were jumbled with too many things that he knew would one day be his problem in the future. The escaped vampire case, Noriko's reason for fighting, her first impression on him, the other two commanders he met. So many things ran in his head, and unfortunately, made him unable to fall asleep. 

That, and he felt that someone was watching him and his privacy was being invaded by the eyes of a stalker. He didn't like the feel, almost sending chills down his spine whenever he felt these mysterious eyes shift onto him. It was disturbing his chance to try to get some rest.

Hours had passed since he had lost saw the Commander of the Knight Unit, and all he had learned that the escapee had not been found yet. Some ferals had been caught, but no sign of the bloodsucker and that was becoming a problem for the Military Force. More importantly, the three knights that were assigned to protect him had been switched out with members of the Guard Unit. He was glad for the change, negotiating with strangers was not something he was fond of.

For the tenth time of trying to fall asleep, he gave up and pushed himself out of his comforting bed. He headed for the door of the room, opening it quietly and peeking his head out to check out the surroundings. He planned to walk around for a bit to clear his head, but that plan had been demolished as he heard a voice call out to him.

"Prince?"

The voice echoing in his ear, he turned his head to see the one and only, Taichi. He had brown hair and chocolate brown eyes, he wore a trench coat with a red scarf, a red shirt underneath and brown pants.

Arata gestured him over, deciding that perhaps telling the guard about his problems might help him. The man obliged, stopping in front of him with curious eyes.

Taichi asks, "What's wrong?"

"I can't get to sleep," he admitted shyly. "AndI feel like someone's been watching me for the past hour."

The guard arched an eyebrow, then glanced to the other guards and gestured them over to help him. There names were Daisuke and Lukas, Taichi's younger brothers. They had similar features the eldest, except Daisuke had green eyes and Lukas had black hair. Oddly enough, they all wore similar outfits with variegated colours.

He told them what the prince said, and gave them orders to watch the prince and outside while he checked the chambers. The brothers only nodded in response, then glanced to the prince and asked him to come to their side.

"Prince, please come here. It might be safer if you're with us. Lukas, prepare to help Taichi if there is someone in there."

Arata wasted no time in obliging to their words, standing beside them. The black-haired male nodded to his brother's words, standing in front of the prince and preparing for anything to happen. Double checking that everything was in place, Taichi cautiously entered into the room assumed to being watched by a stalker.

His hand clutched tightly to his tessen, his body alerted to everything around him. His eyes darted quickly, his footsteps becoming lighter and sneakier with every step he took. He could tell something was there, and if he didn't know better, the intruder knew that too.

Taichi kept wondering how this mysterious figure had entered inside without being noticed by him or his siblings, though, that was only a brief thought for he had other things to do. He needed to relay the predicament to his Commander before anything terrible could happen to them or to the prince.