Love

Athenas POV

"Well, I guess I was never needed." Thanatos appeared but not before his voice rang through my mind as if it were my own.

"Of course, my brother would never injure me enough to have me at bed rest for a couple of years."
Thanatos smiled but it didn't reach his eyes, for he knew that death was almost impossible among the most powerful gods. But that didn't mean it was unfeasible. If a god were to be imprisoned and weakened of their power, such as Cronos, then that would be close to death as anything else. Just as I had once almost drowned. If I were not saved, I would be stuck in an endless loop of drowning.

"We thank you for you help anyway, Thanatos."

"Do not thank me, Goddess of wisdom, thank M'Lord and all his decisions. As I've said before, if it were not for M'Lord Hades, I would have let fate take its course and allowed both of you to suffer the consequences of a selfish love."

"And tell me again how our love is selfish?" I countered allowing my anger to take over.

"Athena..." Poseidon was at my side before I could step forward. I appreciated his touch but I could not help but sneer at Thantos' fake smile.

"That's enough, Thanatos. Thank my brother again for me."
Posedion said with a quick bow not allowing his hand to leave my arm.

"I will tell M'Lord what you have spoken but in return I would suggest you lay low for a while. It seems as though someone has got rift of the coup against Zeus and they want to be apart of it."

"What? How do you know?"
Thanatos opened his portal before he answered with a dark echo. "Mmm...you'll see soon enough, goddess of wisdom."

Then he was pulled back into the midst of darkness as if he never existed.

"Where the hell did Hades find him? He's awfully creepy." Poseidon loosened his grip on my arm before pulling me into a powerful embrace.

"My love for you was worth it."

"Yes, it was." I slowly hugged him back enjoying the breeze that pushed us closer together.

"The sun is setting." Poseidon whispered in my ear making me look up at the chariot flying across the sky.

"Apollo may hate his job but he does it surprisingly well."

"You think so? I think he's sort of rusty."

"Imagine you having to drag the whole sun across the sky every day. I don't think you would be able to handle it."

"Oh really?" Poseidon pulled back to look at me. "I think I'd be very good at it. I mean if you really think about it."

"Haha, I doubt it."
I pulled myself out of his embrace then grabbed his hand and led us down the long stairwell.

"Where are you leading me?"

"No where in particular. I just want us to walk."

"All the way back to your temple?"

"Haha, no. I was thinking back to the ocean. There's just something about the warm water touching my skin that draws me to it."

"Mm...I'm glad you think that way my love." Poseidon pulled me to a stop and kissed me. "With me here, you can feel it anytime you want."

I smiled "Of course I won't stay there all the time, I do have other duties"

"Why don't we forget them for a while?" My lover kissed my cheek and pulled me closer.

"Haha, for a while we can." I turned around and gave my lips to him completely. A sudden warmness filled my heart when I realized we could finally be together. Though I do fear for my fathers well being, I can't fathom the thought of trying to defend him at this moment. The only thing I could think about was Poseidon, the sea god, kissing my lips, holding my waist.

"I love you." I almost didn't hear the words he whispered in my ear.

And before I knew it, I was saying I back to him" I love you too."

...I really do. For once in my life I can finally say that I am in love and I hope it will stay that way.

(There are many people telling me that gods can't die and this and that although that is in some cases true, it can be seen in other ways. The Greek Gods can't "Die", but they can be crippled forever, chopped into tiny pieces, or just fade. For example, when Kronos sliced Ouranus (Uranus) to death, Ouranus was never able to have a physical form again.

Hopefully that helped)