Falling of Love

(Poseidon's POV)

I feel a great deal of pity for the poor souls who fall in love with me. For I am not a great god or even a great man. Truly, even when I admit all my wrongs, I still have to pay the price...to break the hearts of those who adore me.
Even after I stopped talking to Athena for thousands of years, I never miss her longing stares, her angry twitches of jealousy, or even her false elegance. She thinks no one notices, which is probably true, but how can I ignore such a drastic love.
That day I saved her was because I cared for her as a family member, nothing more. Yet, she fell for me just as rain does in the fall.
I cannot deny my attraction for the war goddess, but for those who have known me, know that I do not stay faithful no matter how beautiful they are.

That is why I pity her...for I will never return her love...
That was what I thought about 1st...

But over the years, the decades, the centuries...I've found myself wanting to know her more. Although, I do admit I've distanced myself, but I can't any longer. Her lingering stares and wanted attention have caught my sights.
I am known as a whore. I sleep around even when I was married I was not loyal. But I thought everything was fine since Zeus did it all the time. Yet, over the years I've noticed the happiness of Hades and Persephone as well as Hephaestus and Aphrodite.
What makes them so happy? Why are they the only gods to live in bliss even through these hard times?
Then it struck me. What they both have I'm commom...what they both share....
They stay loyal to their spouses...their soul mates. While I'm still scrapping around through the heap of women that will listen to my every will. Because, as if I just haven't noticed, when Aphrodite was playing around, it seemed her life was full of distress and sorrow.

That is why I, Poseidon, have decided to will myself to not partake in none romantic pleasures with random women. 

I looked at Athena as she boarded her chariot in fury. I knew I made her mad because I wanted to see her reaction and it was just as I expected; adorable. I smirked as she tried to pretend as if she wasn't looking back at me. 

"I guess I will try to woo you, Minerva."