Truth of Love

I know you guys want to KILL ME for not updating for like a month but, hopefully, this steamy chapter will set your hearts on fire!

(Sorry for the mistakes, I'll correct them later) Enjoy!

Athena's POV

Poseidon led us back to his palace where we walked around for a while. He showed me many things in which they did calm my nerves. For some reason, there was some sort of intimate connection between us right now and I don't want to ruin it.

"Why did you try to drown yourself, Athena." Poseidon suddenly said with an unusual seriousness in his tone.

I sighed, at my dismay, knowing that I didn't want to tell him but the truth will have to come out sooner or later.

"He wanted to rid me of my powers.

"Why?" I hesitated before answering because I knew I was not telling the whole truth no matter how casually I laid in Poseidon's arms.

"Because I denied Zelos' proposal."

"Oh..." I looked down at our linked hands and smiled internally. This was actually happening. The pretense to my wanted desires was really holding my hand. He comforted my tears and listened to my woe's but none of us could speak our feelings.

"Let's do something about it?"

"What?" I looked up at Poseidon who looked at me in return.

"Let's go confront that cynical brother of mine."

"You? Confront Zeus? The all-powerful how. God of the sky? God of lightning? God who defeated Kronos?"

"Hey, do not forget that Hades and I helped as well."

"Ha! As if you care about Hades' and his good doings. You know he's still mad at you about what happened at the summit."

He let go of my hand and ran it through his hair. "Now that's something I understand but even if I ask for forgiveness, Hades wouldn't give it to me."

"So you actually know what you did was wrong. I'm surprised actually."

"We've all done bad things...it's just time to take a stand against the one who thinks it's alright to be this way."

I looked at Poseidon with a look of surprise. "Did Hades revolution talk rub off on you or are you the one that made him like that?"

"Haha, no, I would have never said anything like this many decades ago. It's just now," Poseidon stared at me with the same expression he had before; when he held me during my tears and many weeks before. That's why I was taken aback by what he said next. "I have someone I love and want to protect."

Poseidon's POV

  Why does she avoid my stares of polite intimacy? Does she not know that my love for her drowns within my deepened soul? For, it is true that I have just confessed to her yesterday, where she blatantly looked upon me with endearment and passion. Then she confessed that she loved me too. Oh, how the white sparks flew about in my mind of humble happenings. The flashes of acceptance where my benevolence needed to cured. I had not expected her to divulge in my sayings in such a lovely way. At that moment, I knew I should not take this situation for granted because who knows when this will happen again. So, I began to close the distance between us and promptly, her green eyes shifted towards mine. A quiver of nervousness and excitement took hold of my heart as I began to stretch my hand forward. A slight blush of miraculous allure appeared on her pale skin. A tremble of unexplainable repressed emotions spread across her face when my hand finally touched her cheek. She doesn't know how badly I've wanted to this. For years, I've been crushing on her silhouette and kindness and now it is right before my eyes. Athena is standing right here, looking at me, and blushing about. 

"Do you understand what I mean by what I said, Athena?" Those keen words sprouted from my mouth with a stutter of embarrassment. I knew this would happen if I spoke, but I couldn't help it; Athena was the women of my dreams.  Athena pulled me from my distress when she slowly nodded. Her dark locks swayed backward when she looked up at me again. Her shyness slowly disappeared into nill, and was replaced by a warm smile. Utterly beautiful, was the last thing I thought before I leaned over and pressed my lips to hers. Such soft needed dermis mashed against my lips. Though, we seemed to be respecting each other's boundaries wondering who was going to make the first move. Should I? Would it not seem to forward to suddenly stick my tongue in? But I was becoming increasingly impatient. Suddenly, I feel Athena's lips begin to part ever so slightly. And with this, I began really kissing her; sliding my tongue slowly in and out of her innocent mouth. Athena's arms were soon around my neck seeming to be holding on for dear life. This was an action claiming she loved me more than I thought. My hands slid down from Athena's cheek to her slim waist, and I drew her closer. The heat from her body mixed together with mine in an endless osculation. Athena moaned at the softness of my tongue, the advancement of my kisses, the irreplaceable lust that seemed to escape both of us. She moaned again then swiftly pulled back and panted harshly. I continued to stare at her plump red lips knowing that this was not enough. I need to feel her warm lips on mine once again so I can believe that this was real. Promptly, she spoke softly, 

"Well....that was...unexpected," Athena smiled making me smile as well. For everyone has a part of themselves that is needed by someone else and we both need one another. I know it in my heart that she will be the one and the only one who can make me feel this way. This is why I won't let Zeus have his way with her. Or any of us, for that matter. 

We are family, are we not?