Chapter 17

As the setting sun dyed the blue sky with its light orange, the three returned from their day of the hunt. It was the first time for Tetsuya to engage in combat, but for some reason, his body moves on its own as if it was all carved into his bones. In addition, he discovered that he has quite the talent in magic, being able to learn new spells quickly.

"That's a good days of work," Tetsuya stretches his back as the three walked out of the market after selling the dropped items from the goblins.

"You wanna go eat dinner?" Juliana asked the two of them.

"Sure," Tetsuya said with a smile.

Azura nodded in agreement.

"You two can go wait at my dorm suite," Juliana said to them. "I have to go buy ingredients for tonight."

"You're cooking?" Tetsuya asked.

"I might not look like it but I would say I am a pretty good cook."

"She's right," Azura agreed. "Juliana's cooking is above average."

"Alright then, we'll wait for you at your place then," Tetsuya said with excitement.

*

After they arrived at Loganel and Juliana's dorm suite, Azura turned the handle on the door and the door was opened. Inside, it was quiet aside from the meowing of Mazriel.

"Azura?" Laurina walked out of Loganel's room and emerged in the living room area.

"Hello, Laurina," Azura smiled and nodded to greet her. "How's Loganel doing?"

"Still asleep but condition is stable," Laurina said with a relieved voice. "I've told him to not go taking risks but he just doesn't listen."

"I'm sorry," Azura apologized, "he did it to buy us time to escape..."

"Don't worry Azura," Laurina said, walking over to her and putting a hand on her shoulder.  "It's not your fault."

"..."

"Alright then," Laurina then stretched, "I'll head to my dorm room now, take care."

"Goodbye Laurina," Azura said as she watched Laurina leave the dorm suite and closed the door behind her, leaving just her and Tetsuya in the dorm.

"Who was that?" Tetsuya asked.

"Loganel's sister," Azura said, walking over to the couch and sitting down next to Mazriel. She then started gently stroking its fur.

The room was quiet for the next few minutes. Tetsuya day on the couch adjacent to Azura's. He was tense from being so nervous, and his face was red and heart racing. This is the first time that he is alone with Azura, whom he has a crush on. The ticking of the clock combined with the purring of Mazriel didn't help him relax either.

To avoid looking like a creep and staring at Azura, Tetsuya looked around the living room. He could see the traces of life that the occupants had left behind. The simple furnishing, he believed, was Loganel's idea since Juliana seemed like the type to decorate. He doesn't know Loganel so the only way he could know about his character is by inferring.

Suddenly, Azura stood up from the couch and walked past the couch Tetsuya was sitting in and into the hallway with the two bedrooms on either side. She mad a left turn and entered a room. Tetsuya followed her and realized that the room that they had entered belonged to the unconscious boy.

Azura was sitting on the chair that Laurina had used when she was taking care of Loganel during the day and Azura stared at the boy with guilt.

"What kind of person is he?" Tetsuya asked, standing idly by the door.