Chapter 21

The morning sun shined high in the sky, with its rays warming the world. The buildings on the left side of the road cast shade onto the ground, providing cover for Loganel and Redgilus. The brick road was filled with residents going about their business, with numerous stores open and catering to customers. However, Redgilus had a different store for Loganel in mind. That was the reason why they ignored the numerous blacksmith and tailor stores they came by.

Redgilus led Loganel away from the Academy, and to an area near the city wall. Here, the streets were fairly clean, but not as clean as the ones in the busier part of the city. In addition, it was quiet quite, with only a few people walking around. This lack of pedestrians was due to the closed stores, which Loganel peeked over and realized that these stores only opens later in the day.

"You come here a lot?" Loganel asked as he looked around the red light district in its sleep.

"Just pass by sometimes," Redgilus answered without looking back. Instead, he continued his walk down the street with Loganel trailing not far after him. "Laurina would kill me if I ever did go into one of these stores."

Loganel then studied the different buildings. Most of the buildings were multiple stories tall, and the tallest was five stories. In addition, many of them have balconies, which Loganel assume is where the women of the night stand to attract their guests.

So at night this place is the exact opposite of what it is now, Loganel thought.

After walking for a bit, Loganel followed Redgilus into another street. The buildings here appeared normal so Loganel assumed that they were no longer in the red light district but rather some ordinary area of the city.

"You don't usually come here do you?" Redgilus asked without stopping.

"Yeah," Loganel answered. "I usually stick to the area near the Academy."

"Just so you know," Redgilus said as he stopped in front of a townhouse with a blacksmith sign hanging from a bar that extended from above the door, "some of the best stores aren't in downtown."

Loganel followed Redgilus into the building with the ringing of a small bell chime attached to the door signaling their arrival to the store's owner. Inside, Loganel's eyes were caught by the numerous weaponry and armor that were on orderly display in places within the store such as the weapon shelves on the left wall and the wooden stands and shelves. Loganel followed Redgilus as he walked up to the wooden counter at the far end of the store.

"Redgilus," an elf with medium length blonde hair greeted them as he emerged from the back room, "welcome. What would you like today."

"Not me but my brother," Redgilus stepped aside from the counter and signaled for Loganel to approach the elf.

Loganel walked up to the counter. There, he realized that the elf appeared quite young. However, he wasn't deceived by the looks since the life span of elves are longer than humans, meaning that they stay young for a tremendously longer time than humans. Therefore, Loganel assumed that the man was older than him.

"I need a new sword and armor," Loganel said. He then reached into his pockets and took out the purple crystal. "Would this work as a payment?"

The elf took the crystal from Loganel and studied it. He nodded his head as he turned the crystal in his hands as he sought to learn more about it. "Your first time going to a blacksmiths?"

"Yeah," Loganel answered, "my old sword was enchanted so it never dulled or rusted."

"I see," the elf nodded. "How about this. We use this, to make your weapon."