Chapter 31

Kira's PoV

Nico and I raced down the halls. Nico didn't need to remember which way to go. The areas with the most monsters sort of set off a bell that that was the way to go.

We blended in with the shadows quite well. A gift Nico always had.

Suddenly something grabbed my wrist, and the next thing I know, I'm flying backwards. I let out a scream as I crash into a wall. I looked up and saw an Empousai. It's a seductive, female vampire with a leg made of bronze and a donkey's foot. They are known by seducing men, and then killing them.

Nico rose his arms, and the earth shook. The ground cracked, and an army of dead people climbed out. Skeletons rose with swords and weapons. One stabbed the Empousai. Nico grabbed my hand, pulled me up, and took off running with me.

I let go of Nico and started swinging my sword at the monsters that came near me. That when I saw it.... The Doors of Death.

I raced towards it. The army of the dead were around Nico. Guarding him in somewhat of a circle.

"KIRA! DON'T DO IT!" Nico screamed. I ignored him. I concentrated on my power, and I felt my shield surround me. Monsters tried hitting me with weapons, but they would deflect off my shield. I slammed my hand on the button, and the doors opened.

Thyst and two others fell out. They groaned in pain and collapsed on the ground. I put Thyst on my back and put the girl's arm around my shoulder. Nico came up pit the guy on his back and the girl's other arm around his neck. I stretched my shield out to guard all of us and Nico closed his eyes.

I closed my eyes and minutes later, I opened them. We were on Half-Blood Hill. Nico shadow-traveled us back home. We made it. We saved them.

Thyst stirred and then woke up.

"I'm alive." She whispered. She took a couple deep breaths, and then her eyes widen.

"Percy!" She shouted and took off running.