Chapter 21

Percy's PoV

I walked slowly to the beach. It helped me relax and clear my head, yet at the same time, it reminds me of Thyst.

I sat down in the sand and hugged my knees to my chest. I sobbed into my knees.

I know you may think I'm weak, but I lost the love of my life. The best thing that ever happened to me. I usually come to the beach to cry in peace.

I looked at the waves crashing against the shore, when I calmed down a bit.

"Why, dad? Why did you have to take Amethyst away from me!" I screamed at the water. Yes, I blamed the Olympians for what happened. After the Titan war, I won't be helping the gods anymore. It doesn't really matter. After I win the war, I will be joining Thyst in the underworld.

In about a month, we will fight the against the Titans and giants.

In about a month, I will join Thyst, and we will be happy together.

~Thyst's PoV~

"It's just going to be us four. If too many people come, it would be too noticeable." I said.

"What happens when we get out? We go to Camp Half-Blood and then what? Tell everyone?" Silena asked.

"I'm glad you asked. As much as it may hurt, we have to keep it a secret. It would be too much of a distraction. We will tell them after the fight." I answered.

"I don't see the point in worrying about later. What's our first move?" Beckendorf asked. I thought about it. Percy told me the Doors of Death also had to be opened from the mortal side. I can't tell Percy, because he was who I meant we would distract. It's for the best if he doesn't know until after the war. I can't even escape the underworld to tell them.

"Well?" Luke asked.

"We are going to pay a family member a visit." I said.

-15 minutes later-

We were walking along the bank of the River Styx, when I found him.

"Nico!" I shouted. His head snapped in my direction at the sound of my voice. His eyes widen.

"Thyst?!" He said happily. I ran up to him and gave him a hug.

"I missed you." He muttered.

"I missed you too, Nico." I said.

"What are you doing here?" Nico asked.

"I need your help. We are going through the Doors of Death, and Percy told me that the doors have to open on both sides. I need you to get Kira and open the Doors from the mortal side. Meet us there. I may be able to send a few Iris messages." I told him. He smiled.

"You are crazy and asking for a death wish." Nico grinned.

"I'm already dead, so can't argue with that. What's the risk? I'm dead, so the monsters won't be able to do much to me." I said. Nico nodded.

"That may be true, but who knows? Maybe being dead won't help at all. What if you die down there again, only this time, you are stuck down there for good? Stuck in Tartarus for the rest of your afterlife? Your power won't work down there, because you are already in Tartarus. It's too much of a risk!" Nico exclaimed. I was about to reply, but Luke beat me to it.

"What power?" Luke asked.

"Thyst has the power to send monsters back to Tartarus with just the raise of her hand." Nico said, when he realized I wasn't going to answer. Luke looked at me incredulously.

"You can do that?" Luke choked out. I nodded and looked down.

"Anyway, it's a risk I'm willing to take." I told Nico.

"I don't want you to get hurt." Nico frowned.

"Don't worry about me. I had Percy Jackson teach me how to fight, so I think I'm all good. I have to do this. Please, understand." I told Nico. I could tell Nico was fighting back a smile, when I said Percy trained me.

"Your lucky I trust Percy." Nico said. I shook my head side to side, grinning.

"Your in?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm in." Nico said. I crushed him in a hug, then pulled away.

"Well, I got to go get Kira." Nico said. I nodded. I started walking towards Tartarus, while he started walking towards... Well, I don't know where. All I know is only the living can get through that way.

"And Nico?" I called to him before he left.

"Yeah?" Nico asked.

"Don't tell anyone about this except Kira. Not even Percy." I said. Nico furrowed his eyebrows and frowned, but nodded.