Chapter 24

Amethyst's PoV

I dragged myself deeper and deeper. There is no turning back now. Not that I would anyway.

We were exhausted and weapon-less, which was a pretty dumb move.

None of us said anything. There was nothing to say. We were half dead already.

I just hope we get through this place quickly.

We all stopped walking, when we heard stomping.

"Hide." I whispered. I dashed for the huge boulder by the cliff that never seemed to end and sat behind it. I peaked out and saw an Eurynomos and a Lamia. An Eurynomos is a blue-black skinned demon of the underworld that fed off the flesh of corpses. A Lamia is a vampiric demon that preys on children.

Wait; do I count as a corpse? I'm not exactly dead, but I'm not exactly alive either. Great. (Note my sarcasm).

The Eurynomos continued walking and is soon out of sight, while the Lamia started heading towards a huge rock by the River of Fire. I looked closely to see why it was walking that way. The demon walked towards the left side of the boulder and then I saw a glimpse of brown hair on the right side. Silena.

I panicked for a moment. I looked all over the ground and fumbled around. I picked up a rock with a sharp edge and ran out from behind the rock. I stabbed the Lambia, and it let out a screech of pain. It turned around and slashed at me. I let out a yelp as its claws dug into my skin. The Lambia screamed again before turning to golden dust. Luke stood above it with a sharp rock as well.

"Nice job." I said, breathless. I felt a bit light headed. Eh, probably just from being in Tartarus so long.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I frowned.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

"Look at your arm." He said. I looked down and my arm was bleeding pretty badly. That explained a lot. I blinked back black spots.

"We should set up camp." Beckendorf suggested. Everyone nodded and tried to get comfortable. Well, as comfortable as you can get in Tartarus.

"I-I got f-first watch-ch." I said barely able to form a sentence.

"Yeah, you're hilarious. I got first watch." Luke said. I bit my lip. I don't know if I exactly trust these people I just met, but I could feel my eyes getting droopy.

If Percy can trust them, so can I.

~~~

Nico's PoV

"Kira!" I shouted as I caught sight of her caramel hair. It used to be black. She dyes it a different color every month. She spun around at the sound of her name.

"Amethyst-" I started to say 'Amethyst needs our help', but cut myself short when I saw Percy walking by. He looked... Broken. I bit my lip to keep from telling him about Thyst. His head snapped in my direction when he heard the beginning of Amethyst's name.

"Amethyst's shroud will be burned in a week." I saved myself. Nailed it. I looked over at Percy just to see him burst into sobs. I ran up to him and hugged him. He needed a friend. Kira and I will be gone. He would only have Annabeth and Grover, when he gets back.

"Hey, it will be okay. I'll summon Thyst one day. She wants you to be happy." I said. Percy is like my older brother nowadays. No, I don't like Percy like that anymore.

"Should I move on?" He asks me. I froze. I want to tell him no. That he will be reunited with his love one once again. But if I do, he would be curious as to why I am telling him not move on from his lost love one.

"You should do what you feel is right. How do you feel?" I ask him. That's as much as I can say without giving away Thyst.

"I feel like Thyst and I never been so far apart, yet so close to being together again." He says, and he is absolutely right. Thyst is deep into Tartarus, but is so close to coming to the surface of the Earth. And I have to get Kira and leave, so we can to the House of Hades to help Thyst.

Percy sniffed and walked to his cabin. I turned around and ran up to Kira.

"Thyst is coming back." I said quickly. Kira dropped the spider in her hand and her jaw dropped. Her eyes widen.

"What do you mean she is coming back?" Kira asked.

"She found me at the River Styx. She had heroes from the past. The second Titan war. She's going through Tartarus to get to the Doors of Death. She needs us to open them from the mortal side." I told her. She stared at me in shock.

"That girl is asking to die." Kira muttered, shaking her head. I suppressed a smile. Thyst is like another Percy.

"That's what I said. In her defense, she's already dead." I say. Kira laughs. With that, we run to her cabin and mine to pack for our trip.

---

"Now what?" Kira asks. We finally finished packing and are now standing on Half-Blood Hill.

"We need a way of transportation." I finally said.

"Shadow-traveling?" She asked.

"No; takes too much energy and will make us dizzy. It's also hard to shadow-travel myself let alone two people." I say.

"Then what?" She asks, impatiently. I thought for a moment.

"I think I have an idea." I said. I stick two fingers in my mouth and whistle loudly.

"Why did you do that?" She asks.

"You'll see." I smirk. After a few seconds, I could see a black dot moving towards us. It got bigger and bigger as it got closer, until I could tell it was a hellhound. The hellhound jumped on me, causing me to fall to the ground.

"Mrs. O'Leary." I say. With that, I hop on and so does Kira. We take off as fast as Mrs. O'Leary can go.

Towards the Doors of Death.

Towards Amethyst Jones.