Chapter 2

Percy's PoV

After swimming, the dinner horn went off. We talked and joked like we known each other forever. She was telling me how she got kicked out of her old school. We got to the tables and I showed her to the Hades table. Then I walked back to the Poseidon's table. I wish I could eat with her.

I turned around to look at her and saw two guys going up to her. They started talking and Thyst started laughing. To say I was pissed was an understatement. I was mad that others could make her laugh. I want to be the one that makes her smile and laugh. I want to be the one to comfort her when she needs it. Satyrs sat with her, too. I looked at the Athena table and saw Annabeth glaring at Amethyst. Seriously, what's her problem?

I looked at Thyst. I wish I could be with her.

I think I love her...

--------------------------------

Amethyst's PoV

I sat at the Hades table. A bunch of guys kept crowding around me. I laughed now and then to be polite. To be honest, I wish Percy was here. He is funny, cute, and sweet. He is a great guy and I'm lucky to have him as a friend. I wish we were more than that. He is by far the most amazing guy I ever met. I don't know what I was thinking when I kissed him on the cheek. I hope I didn't make it obvious I like him.

I looked over at him to see him staring at the Athena table. I looked over and saw him staring at a girl with blonde hair. I think her name is Annabeth.How could I be so stupid? He likes Annabeth. I should have known. Why would he like me anyway? I don't know if I could handle being around him if he likes Annabeth. I guess I'll just avoid him. It'll hurt, but I can't stand seeing him like that.

I got up and walked away from the table. I wasn't hungry anyway. I went to my cabin and laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

I will win him over. Because I think I love him.

-----------------------------

Percy's PoV

I looked back at Thyst's table to see she disappeared. I frowned. Where did she go?

I got up and walked around looking for her. I went to the Hades cabin and knocked on the door. It opened and I saw Thyst.

"Hey, why did you go?" I asked concerned.

"Wasn't hungry." She said. I could tell there was more, but I didn't push it.

"You want to go for a walk?" I asked. I just wanted to spend time with her.

"Ummmm" she mumbled. It broke my heart. She didn't want to spend time with me?

"You don't want to spend time with me?" My voice cracked and I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I haven't been this sad since Annabeth broke up with me.

"Of course I do. It's not like that." She said. I turned and started walking away.

"Percy, wait!" She shouted. I could hear footsteps running up behind me. She grabbed my shoulder and turned me around.

"What do you want?" I asked. I didn't mean to be harsh. It just came out. I was heart-broken. She looked taken back by my rudeness. She looked ready to cry. Crap, what did I just do?! She looked down.

"I'm sorry." She whispered before turning around and running away.

"No! Wait! Thyst!" I screamed. She turned around and I let out a sign of relief. Until I heard what she had to say.

"Call me Amethyst." She said. My eyes widen. I wasn't her friend anymore? This time, the tears did go down. She turned around and ran away.

I just blew my chance...