Chapter 27

Kira's PoV

The dead can not come back to life, I thought as we rode to the House of Hades. I know that by now.

I held onto Nico's waist. He felt cold, but it somehow warmed my heart. My heart started racing and my palms felt sweaty.

The sun was setting, and we were enveloped in the darkness of the night.

Mrs. O'Leary stopped suddenly, causing me to jerk forward into Nico's back.

"What's wrong, girl?" Nico asked the hellhound. Mrs. O'Leary just whimpered.

"We should probably set up camp anyway." I suggested. Nico nodded, and we hopped down. I knew he wanted nothing more than to continue. To rescue his sister.

I wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him. He seemed shocked at first, but hugged back. My head leaned against his chest, and I listened to his heart beat. It was racing and beating loudly.

"Thyst is gonna make it. You have to trust her. She will live." I whispered. I looked up at Nico to see him bite his lip.

"You're right." He sighed. I pulled away and started to set up a fire. Nico unzipped a huge sleeping bag, making it a huge blanket. He set it down on the ground and laid down in it.

I finished with the fire.

"Come here." Nico said. I sat down next to him and then laid down. I curled up in his side. He pulled half the sleeping bag that we weren't laying on over us. I sighed. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

I fell into a deep sleep with one thought in my mind.

I am in love with Nico Di Angelo.

---morning---

I woke up on Nico's chest. I looked up at his sleeping figure. He was really pale, but in a cute way. His long, curled-at-the-end hair was messy, and since I was so close to him, I could see brown freckles under his eyes and across his nose that I never saw before.

I just wanted to lay here forever, but I knew I couldn't. I have to help Thyst. I couldn't help, but feel selfish. Thyst is all alone in Tartarus without Percy, yet here I am, snuggling into her brother, and hoping I don't ever have to leave this position.

I sat up and yawned.

"Cute." A voice said. I jumped, startled. I looked down to see Nico smiling faintly at me.

"What is?" I asked. He laughed a bit.

"Your yawn. You in general." He said. I blushed a bit.

"Thanks." I said.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-VERY IMPORTANT!!-

Hey! Thank you all who have commented and voted! It means a lot!

Who ships Nira?

Anyway, this is important.

Read 'How It Was And Always Will Be'. It will be published later tonight. It's by colorbone. She is my co-writer. She decided to write about Amethyst and Kira's beginnings. It has where they are from. That Kira and Thyst had known each other longer than they make out to be in this book. In my summary of this story, I say that Amethyst was just looking for a getaway when she arrived at Camp Half-Blood. Who wants to know why? All this information and more will be in it. Even a boyfriend Thyst had before Percy, but got separated from. Read the story and you will understand, because I want to make her ex-boyfriend come back soon. Will Percy have a little competition?

FIND OUT!

-Gav Chan and Gill Bill