32# So close yet so far :(

Start from the beginning

"You did that when mum told you that she's pregnant?" I narrowed my brows playfully.

"I was afraid. A new baby means a new soul that will suffer, and the moment she told me, I promised myself to protect you with my life."

"You know what I always think?" I smiled.

"What?"

"I really have the best brother in the world." I got up and walked towards him to hug him tightly.

"I know that there is someone who will stick by my side and forgive me no matter what I do. I know that I'll find your shoulder to cry on whenever I am sad." I whispered with glossy eyes as I pulled away.

"I am sorry for everytime I raised my voice at you. I'm sorry for everytime I said that I hate you. You know that I never meant it right?" 

"I know darling. I know." He smiled kissing the top of my head.

"Let's drink the coffee." He smiled reachung for two mugs.

"How is your work?"

"Horrible. Teaching teenagers is a nightmare." He groaned.

"Well, you were tutoring a teenager before." I shrugged standing next to him.

"Well, she was annoying." He teased.

"Her teacher was annoying." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"She deserved all the homeworks I gave her for her fool mouth."

"Didn't I tell you that he was annoying?" I rolled my eyes pushing my body off the counter.

At this special moment, the bell rang.

"Who is that?" My eyes widened.

"Probably Daniel. I'll get the door. You stay here." He instructed and I nodded slowly sitting by the kitchen table looking at the door as Ed pushed it open.

-----------

Daniel.

As the door opened, her brother came to full view. I really wished that she would open the door and greet me as she used to do....

"Just on time. Come in." He opened the door further letting me step in. My eyes darted to every corner searching for her. Where is she?!

"Hope you took the right decision." He sat down across from me.

"Yeah."

"I'm listening." He leaned in looking at me intensely as he rested his elbows on his knees.

I took a deep breath before speaking up. "I won't leave Amber or the baby."

"I still love Amber and he's my child for God's sake. How can I abandon him?" I exclaimed.

"Well, that's really good, but I'm not the one who will take the decision about you and Amber being a couple or not. It's up to her and I can't interfere more that this. I believe she broke up with you for a reason and if will get back together, it's for the sake of your child in the first place not because your love." He sighed.

"Anyway, thanks Daniel for being a man enough to carry the responsibility. I'll call Amber for you." He smiled in appreciation getting up.

He's not bad after all. I mean if the same thing happened with Delilah, I'd kill that guy with cold blood!!

I heard small steps comming out of the kitcken. My head snapped to the side to meet Amber's bright blue eyes. Her eye-lids were light pink probably from the crying. Her face was free of makeup and as usual she looked beautiful. I stood up to meet her.