Chapter 12

smol trigger warning

guess who's back back back
back again gain gain
skelly's back back back
tell a friend friend friend

before you even read this: i'm s o r r y (this is only the tip of the ice burg :))) )

"i am heaven sent. don't you dare forget. I am all you ever wanted, what all the other boys all promised."

________________________

When Frank found his way into the kitchen, the light was on just like he thought it would be. The usual scene was splayed out before him, the warm light slaying out from the edge of the counter, the shadows of the table legs reaching out far on the ground. The rich and pungent scent of coffee seemed to hang in this memory like a leech. And of course, to top it off, Gerard's bulky and slender form leaning against the counter, his legs crossed.

As Frank approached, the smile on Gerards thin lips made itself present once again, though he seemed a bit off. Almost as if something was holding him back from the full potential of his stunning smile. Frank smiled back, although a sliver of anxiety nipped away at him in the back of his mind. Gerard seemed almost... awkward. He was never awkward, Gerard was always so cool and collected, he seemed like he had it all figured out... It was odd. Frank couldn't tell what was bothering the boy from just looking at him, but he lacked the simple courage to ask him what was wrong. For a second he rolled the question over his tongue, but in the end all he could push out was a simple, "Hello." Franks voice was soft and quiet, pleasant but damn near silent in fear of waking up the sleeping dead in the house.

"Hey," Gerard spoke, not so quiet. Gerard really didn't mind if he was loud. Gerard was... carelessly cool, but certainly not careless. He wanted to come off like he didn't care. He wanted to seem effortless, but in reality if his mother were to wake up and see him here weather he acts like it doesn't matter or not he would probably have a panic attack on the spot, no matter how understanding Donna was. Gerard smiled at Frank, grabbing one of the coffee cups he had on the kitchen island, holding it out to him.

Frank stepped forward into the kitchen, until he was a couple feet away from Gerard and gratefully accepted the coffee. Boy was he tired, if they were gonna stay up and talk like they usually did he needed some coffee. He hung his head, shortish black hair falling onto his forehead, but not quite long enough to hide his eyes with the shyness he wanted. Frank darted his hazel eyes to the ground, wanting to avoid eye contact. The entire time, he could feel Gerards eyes on him curiously, burning through him. The air around the two... felt different tonight.

Frank took a sip of the coffee, before setting it back on the table. He glanced up at Gerard, and the two made eye contact for a second. All of Franks shyness, nerves, worries... All of Gerard's anxieties, unsettled feelings, uneasy and churning emotions... shared in one little look. Before Gerard could question him, or vice versa, Frank grabbed onto the edge of the older boys shirt, pulling him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around his bigger chest, holding him desperately tight for a few moments.

Gerard stiffened, before excepting it graciously, wrapping his longer, stronger, arms around Frank just as tightly. He buried his face into his neck for a moment, taking in a long deep breath and reveling in the comforting scent of this boy he hardly knew, yet was beginning to know frighteningly well. He pulled away, putting one hand on Franks shoulder, allowing the fingers on his other hand to trace along his chin for a moment, pulling him to look up at Gerard.