Chapter Sixteen; Handcuffs

The next day, Shizuo stood out on the sidewalk on the street where he goes everyday. With a cigarette back in his hand after he took his first drag. His mind focused on the smoke how it was calming his body down through addiction. His eyes stared at the details displayed before him on the street which was nothing in particular. Click! His ears focused to the close by now like an inch away from him. Grabbing his attention instantly. He quickly looked down to see one of his hands cuffed. He looked up to see Izaya messing with his arm. Shizuo also saw that the brunette had one of his hands cuffed as well. Shizuo's hand accidently released the cigarette by dropping it from the tip of his fingers from shock. The blonde waited for the brunette to explain himself once when he was finish handcuffing himself. "Shizu-Chan, you stated yesterday you didn't want to fight right? We won't fight until, you feel like it. So, maybe if we was in each other's space 24/7. You would soon hate me again." Izaya snickered reaching in his pocket for the key. Then waving it around showing it to Shizuo before stuffing it back in his pocket where his switch blade was.

Shizuo nodded dumbfounded still caught up in the moment. Izaya rolled up his coat sleeve checking the time on his leather banded watch. "Did you eat, Shizu-Chan?" The blonde shook his head earning a faint smile from the brunette. "Good I haven't either." Shizuo watched Izaya forcefully drag him along. The brunette was about to pull him into the sushi cafe. Until, Shizuo yanked him away quickly. Izaya looked at Shizuo confused, "What the hell was that for?" Izaya whispered. "Simon." Shizuo whispered harshly back at Izaya. A evil smirk was plastered on the smaller male's lips. "You get lectures from Simon too?!" A small giggle stirred from Izaya. Shizuo nodded eagerly ready to leave the joint. "I understand." A relieved sigh escaped Shizuo's lips. But before he knew it, Izaya had led him through the sushi restaurant. Panic bubbled in Shizuo.

"Oi! Simon I'm hungry!" Izaya yelled. The blonde glared at the brunette. "I'll be there in a minute!" A groan came from the back. Shizuo mentally freaked out seeing Simon walk towards their direction looking annoyed. Simon's eyes widened at the two before, greeting them. "Hello Izaya... And Shizuo what a surprise. What would you two like to order?" Simon asked amused. "Uh, I'll take the usual." Shizuo grunted. "Which is, Shizu-Chan?" Izaya questioned with his smirk growing. "I'll take a glass of lemonade and, some California sushi rolls." Shizuo spoke irritated already. He heard Izaya trying to hold back a laugh making muffling noises until, he gave up and laughed so hard he started wheezing. "God that's so girly Shizu-Chan it's cute. I'll take that too." Shizuo started having a faint tint of pinkness stirr up in his cheeks from embarrassment. Simon wore an exhausted face staring at the two men.

Shizuo, and Izaya sat down at a table waiting for their food. Izaya's cocky face expression turned to worry leaning over to Shizuo quickly. "Shizu-Chan! I didn't think this through! About the handcuff thing! We look like idiots!" Izaya whined quietly. Shizuo let out a quiet pleased hum of approval agreeing to the brunette's previous statement. "I'm sorry you probably won't like this. But, we might look normal doing this." Shizuo heard Izaya's hesitant whisper. The blonde's eyes widened when he felt a warm sensation. His hand felt another hand on his. Shizuo felt Izaya intertwine his skinny long fingers with his own. Shizuo's breath hitched a little knowing Izaya was holding his hand.

A cough interrupted them coming from Simon. Simon had a blank expression written on his face that even Izaya Orihara couldn't figure out. Simon placed their food on the table carefully along with their drinks. A warm smile stretched on his lips telling them to enjoy their meal. "Ah yes, thank you Simon." Izaya waved his hand in the air before turning his attention back to Shizuo. "What the-" Shizuo's flustered voice was cut of by Izaya's menacing voice, "Let's eat, Shizu-Chan." Shizuo was wanting to pass out when he could of sworn Izaya had just winked at him. The two ate in a warming atmosphere. Mostly, because their hands was joined together in pleasing manner.

On the way home, the two was walking together in unison, side by side happily. Shizuo was still holding Izaya's hand. Shizuo was glad he wasn't being pulled along by Izaya anymore but more in a natural fashion. The blonde felt his hand being squeezed giving his some strong feeling he couldn't quite place. "Jeez, sorry for making you hold my hand that long." Izaya stated staring down at their intertwined hands before, letting go chuckling to himself.

"Where's your sisters?" Shizuo asked as they stepped in. "Elsewhere." Izaya huffed annoyed placing his free hand loosely on his hips. "Teenagers! Am I right?" The brunette sighed. The taller and muscular male grinned. Izaya took of his coat tossing onto the floor the two could hear the switch blade fall to the ground. Izaya just shrugged pulling Shizuo towards the stairs. The blonde's eyes widen realising what was happening as he was walking up the stairs. Izaya saw his uneasiness and laughed. "I'm just tired and ready for a nap, I'm not going to harm you now, Shizu-Chan. I promise." The blonde relaxed stepping into Izaya's bedroom.

Shizuo followed the smaller male's footsteps and the, crawled on to the bed with Izaya. The two created room for each other leaving space between them before dozing off. Well Izaya dozing off. Shizuo stared up at the ceiling frustrated how this was the first happiness he felt in weeks and days. The rest he had spent in pain because of this man. And now he's happy because of him. It infuriated him. 'Maybe... this is what I needed. Maybe, just maybe I can kill Izaya in his sleep." Shizuo thoughts were disrupted by a mumble slipping from Izaya's lips. The brunette's words became clearer. The blonde glanced down to Izaya curled in a ball distressed. "He's bored of me. Like everyone else." The unconscious Izaya slurred. "Why else he wouldn't want to fight me? He's done with me." The words got weaker and raspier. Shizuo's eyes widened coming closer to Izaya. "I've hurt him but, yet he won't fight back? Life won't be anything-" A tear slipped from the brunette's cheek. "He's talking in his sleep?" Shizuo whispered. 'Oh.. this is what was all about? This why he cut me? He was afraid I was bored and used to his games? And wanted nothing to do with him? He didn't want to be tossed to the side. I get it. I can't kill him...' Shizuo's thoughts unsettled him yet pleased him. Izaya's eyes started to water in his sleep. Shizuo got tired of seeing Izaya's pain. So, Shizuo towered over him.Shizuo's arms wrapped around him embracing him into a comfortable position. Which lead to Izaya jolting up from his unpleasant sleep. "Hey! Shizu-Chan what are you-" Shizuo had cut him off. "Listen flea, I heard everything. And now I'm comforting you. I didn't want to leave you. Nor, do I want to." Izaya's eyes widened but his eyelashes fluttered slowly falling back into his sleeping position. The brunettes hand intertwined with Shizuo's. And his free hand touched the blonde's chest. While, Shizuo's free arm snaked around Izaya's thin body. "I love you, Izaya." Shizuo whispered softly in Izaya's ear. "I love you too, Shizu-Chan." Izaya spoke warmly. Before, sleep caved in on Izaya.