Chapter Eight; An Alpha Wolf dressed in Black Sheep's Clothing

Izaya's heart pounded in his aching chest. Walking silently yet, quickly to the lot. Taking out his signature pocket switchblade. Listening to any other sound of movement than the wet residue dripping from the cracks of the old building. Until, he heard running footsteps from the floor above him. Izaya flew up the stairs racing to the second floor. Facing his worst scenario that he dreamed of that day once when they didn't come home.

The blonde assassin that he found very uncute pointed a gun at his 2 sister's direction. Izaya threw his blade, knocking the gun out of her hand. Vorona turned around kicking him in the chest as he tumbled down falling on broken glass. He felt his hand tingle from the stinging sensation. He glared at her with aggravation. 'Mairu, and Kururi wasn't home because of this bitch. Plus, she chewed me out yesterday!' Izaya ranted in his mind as a groan escaped his lips. Then, Vorona's attention turned back to the two petrified teens. 'Oh NO!'

Izaya got up quickly. Regaining his posture, ready to take out his smaller daggers in his other coat pocket before, running towards her. He ran fast but he was too quick to slow down. She tricked him into a different direction. He saw her plan was just to push them off the lot. Izaya's eyes widened pushing between her, gripping Mairu and Kururi tightly on his chest. As they tripped off the edge of the second floor. He knew they would all splat. But just the thought he might can save Mairu and Kururi from death not from shattering bones off course. He endured the theory.

Izaya's black eyelashes fluttered in panic realising he was about to face his lifelong fear. He wasn't afraid of death itself. But, he was afraid of being forgotten and society abandoning his image as a whole. 'DAMMIT!' Izaya thought, 'Shizu-Chan will out live me!' He hated Shizuo because, Shizuo won't be forgotten. He's like a cat with nine lives. Death can hardly catch up to Shizuo with his nonhuman super strength. The ex-bartender was far superior than the brunette. And Izaya hated that fact the most. Izaya wanted to be a god with his intelligence and craved Shizuo's super strength. He wanted the same God like strength in his hands just like Shizuo. As a result, he envied the so called monster. As darkness grew in touch with him. Celty used her powers to give him a soft landing. He bounced softly on the grass off of the black mist. Mairu and Kururi hopped off quickly with worried expressions on their faces. Just then, a pair of strong, muscular, toned arms snaked around the unconscious Izaya pulling him up to his lap. The same arms that used to strangle the menace was now holding him. Shizuo looked down at the fragile body curled up on his lap. "Heh, he must of been put through quite a shock in order for him pass out like this." Shizuo muttered. His fingers stroked playfully through Izaya's black silky hair. Recalling the events that just took place in front of him in his mind. "Stay alive Flea. I'm only allowed to kill you, do you understand?" A soft voice spoke gently laced a hint of concern, from the blonde male's lips.

~Flash Back~

Shizuo's eyes grew as his brown orbs for irises shrunk. He stood there frozen with his dress shoes planted in the grass. He saw everything. How a figure pushed Vorona aside. His wide eyes saw the body fall off the second floor holding the girls tightly. Shizuo never saw a hero before like the ones in the comics. But right then and there, he could've sworn he thought he witnessed a savior. Almost, as if it really was an angel in disguise ready to soar off in the night sky. Ready to fly away from the evilness of humanity after returning the girls to safety. But it wasn't an angel ready to fly, instead it was falling. Shizuo's eyes started to become glassy watching the underdog lose. The wind caused the jacket to swirl gracefully in the air. The light had bounced off of the moon on the person, revealed the face of the so called angel. It was no other than Izaya Orihara. That moment, something twitched and stung in the blonde's heart. He wanted to be the reason how Izaya was finished off. Or just deep down, Shizuo didn't want Izaya to actually die.

~End Of Flashback~

Celty drew out her reaper's sword ready to tie the knot of life and death for the russian girl. Vorona wasn't just about to let death take her by the hand that easily. Celty's biker boots clacked on the cement in the lot as she ran towards Vorona. Vorona dodged it and kicked Celty's back with her boot hard. Causing Celty to lose her balance. Celty saw Vorona run trying to escape. But the annoyed reaper took off her helmet. Black mist started pouring out of her neck flying over to the other side of the lock blocking the entrance. "Трахнитесь!" Vorona cursed. The blonde girl turned her head to meet a long, sharp, black curved edged weapon decapitating her head falling loosely off her shoulders. 'Now how does it feel do lose something like I did?' Celty thought.

Izaya Orihara countless of times shocked people never putting his suspenseful schemes away to the public. But now, Shizuo was stuck in the complete state of utter shock Izaya had never put him through. This time was different however. It will always be special. Izaya wasn't the chaos craved psycho. He wasn't the selfish narcissist who put others in danger just out of his curiosity or pleasure. He was a tragic hero Shizuo saw today. He was the alpha wolf that grew out of his thick black sheep wool. And Shizuo was taken back by this stunt Izaya pulled. But in the end, the scene filled with unidentified chivalry made Shizuo's lips pull into a shy smile.