18. magic bullet.

"I told Raven." Vanessa stated as she and Derek was walking at night, tracking the alpha's scent. She was afraid of his reaction so she had waited long before finally spitting it out.

"Told her what?" Derek asked.

"Everything." That seemed to make it click because he abruptly stopped and turned around to face her.

"What?"

"She deserves to know."

"Because she's your girlfriend?"

"Yes." She said sternly and kept walking so he'd do the same. "She's told me everything about her life and now that she's actually here, she should know. She's already in enough danger simply being here, I can't let her walk around clueless about what's actually going on."

"Great. One more person to worry about." He sighed and narrowed his eyes.

"Aw, I never said you had to worry about her." She teased and casually bumped into him. His lips twitched from trying to suppress a smile.

"I only worry about her because she means something to you. I don't even know her." He made that clear, looking at her. His eyes were soft and honest, which made her smile. Then he suddenly turned sharp and listened to the wind and smelled the air. "He's near. I think he's... Chasing something."

"There's blood on the ground." Vanessa pointed out seconds before she heard a woman tauntly yelling and the howls of the alpha. Derek's eyes drifted to the nearest roof top and luckily for them, the alpha stood there snarling at them. Then he ran away. "Wait!"

But before Vanessa could stop him, Derek leaped after him. She contemplated on following but too much happened at the same time; Derek sprinted after the alpha, two hauntingly familiar voice began to make sense and a very known cologne reached her. Turning her head toward the voices, she clenched her fists at the sight of Kate Argent. Too late she realized that Kate had aimed her gun and shot at the roof, hopefully aiming at the alpha. If she was aiming at him, she missed. Instead, Derek dropped and clutched his arm which finally made her follow him.

"Shit." Derek winced and pulled up his sleeve. Vanessa gulped as the bullet wound started to glow purple. She carefully grazed the spot but her hand was shaking, more when they both looked at each other in realization of what kind of bullet it was.

"Yeah, shit indeed. Come on." She exhaled and lifted him up, helping him escape the scene. Reluctantly, she brought him to the motel where Raven was sleeping deeply. "If you wake her, I will kill you myself. She's the worst morning person and even worse if she wakes up by force." She whispered, pointing a finger at him.

"Promise." Derek rolled his eyes seconds before he spit out some blood. He was already getting sweaty and his skin, if even possible, became paler by the minutes.

Vanessa sat down to try and get the bullet out herself but for two reasons she couldn't. One: it had already sunken deep enough and two: it stung her every time she even came close. She tried that for an almost an hour with determent before Derek softly seized her hand and shook his head.

"What? What is it?" She asked and looked at him with a frown. She didn't even realize how angry she sounded.

"It's no use, Nessa. You know there's only one thing that can get this bullet out. Two, if it comes down to it." He reminded her, but now she shook her head and tried to continue pulling it out herself.

"No, the longer it stays, the sooner til–" She started but cut herself out. He sighed since his point was proven and she pulled a hand through her hair, eyes closed harshly. "We'll find a way. You're not dying on me."